Difference between revisions of "Semantic Web Telecons"

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Line 26: Line 26:
 
* Previous action items
 
* Previous action items
 
* Feedback on Summer meeting sessions
 
* Feedback on Summer meeting sessions
** PROV-ES - http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/PROV-ES (Hook/Curt)
+
** PROV-ES - http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/PROV-ES
 
** schema.org/ dataset extension for Earth Science - http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/DatasetSchema
 
** schema.org/ dataset extension for Earth Science - http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/DatasetSchema
 
* Next steps on schema.org
 
* Next steps on schema.org

Revision as of 13:13, August 26, 2013


Telecons

Main ESIP page >> Main Cluster page Previous calls


Ongoing - Fourth Tuesday - 1300 PT/ 1400 MT/ 1500 CT/ 1600 ET/ 2100 UT

To start or join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1

  1. Click join next to the meeting name. (Note: If the meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen)
  2. Enter your name and email address
  3. If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23103348 with no spaces or #.

To join the audio portion of the Conference meeting:

You can use VoIP or call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Attendee access code: 231 033 48

August 27, 2013 Telecon

SWTeleconNotes20130827

June 25, 2013 Telecon

SWTeleconNotes20130625

April 30, 2013 Telecon

  • Previous action items
    • Summer meeting sessions
    • Toolmatch/rules update (Chris)
  • Ontology governance update (Peter)
  • Ontology portal (Line)
  • Discuss 2013 activities
    • schema.org and datasets and Earth Science (Brian)
    • PROV-ES
    • VISKO
    • IQ cluster interactions
  • Other/New items

SWTeleconNotes20130430

January 22, 2013 Telecon

  • Previous action items (see notes)
  • * Winter meeting report on sessions
    • Toolmatch/rules update (Chris/ Eric)
    • Ontology governance update (Peter)
    • Ontology portal (Line)
  • Discuss 2013 activities
    • schema.org and datasets and Earth Science (Brian)
    • PROV-ES
    • VISKO
    • IQ cluster interactions
  • Other/New items

SWTeleconNotes20130122

November 27, 2012 Telecon

  • Previous action items (see notes)
  • Toolmatch update (Chris/ Eric)
  • Ontolog update (Dalia if attending, others)
  • Ontology governance update (Peter)
  • IQ cluster interactions/ update (Peter)
  • Winter meeting plans/ sessions
  • Other/New items

SWTeleconNotes20121127

October 30, 2012 Telecon

  • Previous action items (see notes for today)
  • Toolmatch update (Chris/ Eric)
  • Ontolog update (Dalia if attending, others)
  • Ontology governance beyond what we have (update; Peter, maybe a presentation)
  • Report from EarthCube 'next generation' meeting, re: semantics (Peter)
  • Request for input on NASA ESDSWG Semantic Tech Quad Chart (Brian if able to join, others)
  • Other reports on Semantics Activities (any)
  • See update from Line Pouchard on ESIP Ontology Portal
  • Other/New items

SWTeleconNotes20121030

September 25, 2012 Telecon (draft)

  • SW hackathon session topics
    • ToolMatch Talkoot
  • SW Tutorials
    • Experts sessions
  • SW hands on
    • Cross cluster sessions
  • Ontolog sessions advertisement (EarthCube related) - Dalia
    • update
  • Ontology governance by cluster
    • Functions; ticket, comment, tracking update
    • What's put into Portal and by whom
    • Curation guidance
  • Other business

SWTeleconNotes20120925

August 28, 2012 Telecon

  • ToolMatch Talkoot next steps
    • Other SW hackathon session topics
  • Ontolog sessions advertisement (EarthCube related) - Dalia
  • SWC Role in Nov. NASA ESDSWG meeting (if any)
  • Planning for 2013 ESIP Winter meeting
    • Tutorials/ hackathon
    • Experts sessions
    • Cross cluster sessions
  • Bioportal @ ORNL - http://ec2-50-18-136-210.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com
    • Status
    • Feedback
    • Name? "ESIP-OPortal" (working title)
  • Ontology governance by cluster
    • What's put into the ESIP-OPortal and by whom
    • Curation guidance
  • Other business

SWTeleconNotes20120828

July 24, 2012 Telecon

  • Outcome discussion of ToolMatch Talkoot and next steps.
  • General ESIP meeting discussion and planning for 2013 Winter meeting
    • Tutorials/ hackathon
    • Experts sessions
  • Bioportal @ ORNL
    • Status
    • Ontologies governance by cluster
  • Other business

SWTeleconNotes20120724

June 26, 2012 Telecon

  • Bioportal @ ORNL
  • SWEET and GCMD discussion
  • Data Quality ontologies governance by cluster
  • Planning for the ToolMatch Talkoot and Summer
  • EarthCube Semantic Web community group report from Charrette and status

SWTeleconNotes20120626

May 22, 2012 Telecon

  • Planning for the ToolMatch Talkoot and Summer
  • Bioportal @ ORNL
  • Data Quality ontologies governance by cluster
  • EarthCube Semantic Web community group status.
  • Other topics

SWTeleconNotes20120522

April 24, 2012 Telecon

USGCRP/NCA/GCIS Overview
Global Change Information System
Curt Tilmes, USGCRP NCO
Presentation Slides

March 27, 2012 Telecon

SWTeleconNotes20120327

February 28, 2012 Telecon

  • Introductions
  • Update on Ontology repository proposal to Products and Services
  • Current Activities
    • ESSI-LOD
    • ESIP network
  • Update on New Activities
    • ToolMatch, an effort to use ontologies and linked data to match tools and services with data.
    • white paper on semantic web usage in Earth Science
    • OPeNDAP support of RDF
  • Navy SemWeb showcase (NASA tech. infusion, and ESIP) - Hook

SWTeleconNotes20120228

January 24, 2012 Telecon

  • New Telecon Time Discussion
  • Discuss/review outcomes of Winter Meeting
    • Updates on working activities
      • Erin - ESIP Network progress
      • Eric/Tom - ESIP AGU project
    • New activities for 2012 from Winter ESIP meeting
      • Chris - tools/dataset project
      • Chris will work on EarthCube white paper
      • data types/service ontologies needs to be revisited
      • James Gallagher has a possible use of semantics with Opendap.
        • Chris - could you use RDF and Opendap to create a integrated visualization from opendap servers
  • Other items

SWTeleconNotes20120124

December 27, 2011 Telecon

NO telecon in December

November 29, 2011 Telecon

  • Identify goals/outcomes of Winter Meeting
  • Erin will demonstrate ESIP Network progress
  • Eric/Tom will give more updates/questions about ESIP project
  • Greg will give an Information Quality Presentation (needs from Semantic Web)

SWTeleconNotes20111129

October 25, 2011 Telecon

  • Cluster activities
    • Quality: needed for Info Quality Semantic Web Primer
      • Status?
  • Plans for Winter meeting
  • Eric/Tom activities
  • ESIP Network Use Case
    • Status?
  • New activities

SWTeleconNotes20111025

September 27, 2011 Telecon

  • AAG
  • Cluster activities
    • Quality: needed for Info Quality Semantic Web Primer
    • Data / Service ontology
      • Status?
    • Preservation and Stewardship
    • Discovery
      • Status?
    • Joint session with NASA TIWG in Nov. ESDSWG meeting
      • Demonstrations
  • Eric/Tom activities
  • ESIP Network Use Case
    • Status?
  • New activities
    • Casting ontology
    • Revisit tutorials and webinars

SWTeleconNotes20110927

June 28, 2011 Telecon

  • ESIP Summer Meeting
    • USE CASES NEEDED!
      • Quality: needed for Info Quality Semantic Web Primer
      • Data / Services: needed for ontology development
      • Preservation and Stewardship -- will be discussed during session.
    • Joint session with Info Quality
      • When is it? 2:15-3:00
      • Semantic Web primer for Info Quality?
    • Joint session with Preservation and Stewardship
      • When is it?
      • Semantic Web primer for Preservation and Stewardship?
    • Semantic Web Cluster meeting, Friday at 8:30
  • ESIP Network Use Case
    • Projects Ontology
    • Use of TestBed?

SWTeleconNotes20110628

May 24, 2011 Telecon

  • ESIP summer SW technical sessions on ontology development (quality, data and service, provenance/ stewardship)
    • use cases needed for each of these by June telecon
    • who will lead each of these
  • SW tutorial
    • confirm format
    • presenters
    • scheduling
  • NASA TIWG SW plans (ESIP meeting and general interactions with SW cluster)
  • Testbed status update - if needed
  • Add agenda items here.

SWTeleconNotes20110524

March 22, 2011 Telecon

  • Plan for AGU sessions for fall meeting
  • ESIP summer SW technical sessions on ontology development (quality - yes, data and service - yes, casting - too early)
    • use cases needed for each of these
  • Testbed status update (from last telecon)
  • Add agenda items here.

SWTeleconNotes20110322

February 22, 2011 Telecon

  • Planning for Summer Meeting (theme: information and data quality)
    • Breakouts
    • Tutorial
    • Ontology Working Session
      • Casting?
  • Testbed
    • Status
    • Needed features?
  • Any more inputs for Erin on collaboration tools?

SWTeleconNotes20110222

January 25, 2011 Telecon

  • Review of ESIP Winter Semantic Web Tutorial (Peter, Chris, Hook, Rob)
    • Evaluation
    • Relation to NASA Tech Infusion activities and goals
    • Relation to SW testbed and requirements on the testbed
    • Same form or others (e.g. Expert Panel, etc.)
    • Where and when next?
  • Using the http://esipfed.org/ site for dereferencible ontology IRIs. (Chris L)
  • Continuation of Data-Type and Service ontology work (Peter)
  • Ontology development to support 'casting' (Brian)
  • Summer meeting theme data and information quality - and possible quality ontology work session
  • Other topics?
    • Utopia uses semantic services to annotate PDFs, but is focused on biomed. Needs earth science add-ons. Check it out at http://www.utopiadocs.com/documents/ Looking to create a PDF-based poster archive for ESIP with Utopia-like interface. NEW: If this is of any interest to you, I'll spin up a Basecamp site. so email me [bruce at tnms.org] and I'll sign you up. Here is another resource from bio-med land. http://code.google.com/p/annotation-ontology/ (Bruce C)
  • Time - 4pm ET

SWTeleconNotes20110115

November 22, 2010 Telecon

  • 2pm ET
  • Short description of Test Bed
  • Review of ESIP Winter Tutorial Syllabus and timing/ scheduling at ESIP
  • Decision on presenters for each component
  • Time line for content development and review.

SWTeleconNotes20101122