The overarching objective of the ESIP Disaster Lifecyle Cluster (DLC) is to facilitate connections and coordinate efforts among data providers, managers and developers of disaster response systems and tools, and end-user communities within ESIP. We are also looking to work wih other ESIP clusters to integrate best practices for data to drive decision-making.
This Cluster's strategic plan is currently in work. We welcome all feedback and comments.
Examples of topics that the cluster can address include:
- Identifying trusted data sources for decision makers to test
- Refining the evolution of the Operational Readiness Levels (ORLs) for trusted data
- Map dataset types to disaster types by leveraging existing efforts
- Assess and prioritize use cases and user needs
- Assess existing capabilities to identify trusted data sources, services and processes
- Assess common architecture patterns to disaster response
- Develop webinars or other outreach plans to raise awareness with end-users
- Work with ESIP clusters to integrate innovation and technologies developed
A rolling notes page is available on here on Google Docs. Disasters Lifecycle Cluster Members are encouraged to add to the notes during the meeting and afterwards as needed.
Links to the telecons (as available) are linked below.
- Monthly meetings occur on the FIRST THURSDAY of every month.
We have moved to Zoom
-Remote Participation Link
Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 852 2179 7707
Active Collaborations[edit | edit source]
GeoCollaborate Testbed: GeoCollaborate is StormCenter Communications and ESIP Disaster Cluster's testbed project to build a platform-independent geospatial data-sharing portal/visualization engine for disaster response and recovery. This testbed project was highly successful and now GeoCollaborate is being used within agencies.
Cascadia Rising: Cascadia Rising is a scenario-based multi-state functional exercise for improving Earthquake response and data sharing/distribution. Add items here for the Disaster Cluster's involvement or possible involvement.
The DLC is working with the All Hazards Consortium (AHC) to support use case development. AHC works to support the movement of fleet utility vehicles when mutual assistance is activated after major disasters or pre-disaster. AHC and ESIP worked together to evolve ORLs and AHC is now actively implementing the ORL approach to trusted data ranking.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Get Involved[edit | edit source]
One tap mobile +13017158592,,85221797707# US (Washington DC) +19292056099,,85221797707# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) Meeting ID: 852 2179 7707