DisasterResponse telecon 2015-01-20
When: Tuesday January, 20 10:00 – 11:00 am (Pacific) / 1:00 - 2:00 pm (Eastern)
Organizers: Karen Moe, Emily Law
- New student fellow intro
- Testbed next step
- Walk thru thru Disaster Lifecycle Cluster Plan
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
3. Select the DISASTER RESPONSE|
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23140358
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Global call-in numbers: https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Attendee access code: 231 403 58
In attendance: Emily Law, Brenda Jones, Call-in User_2, Dave Jones, Maggi Glasscoe, Sean Barberie
Emily leading off: Agenda, introduce me Next agenda item: Maggie’s data, how can we engage a broader set of users?
- Dave: Data sources for those within the disaster lifecycle cluster
- Static? Updated?
- Try to display these in the data sharing and collaborative environment
- Data sharing
- Select a few administrators who can be trained on how to use the platform and then begin testing.
- Emily: Quality determination criteria. How can we determine when the data is ready for prime time?
- Dave: An ESIP seal of approval or quality stamp would be a boon to ESIP.
- Items: timeliness of the data, Satellite, derived, model output, updated from field, UAV data?
- Sean: for our purposes, do we have a preferred data format?
- Dave: KML, webmapservices, JSON, etc. All possible.
- Maggie: preferred ArcGIS online, AGOL (fema geoportal), so shapefiles are preferred by gov agencies. KML good for people in the field.
- Emily: even though a product may not be in the format that we find most useful, maybe we can use a conversion tool land have our preferred product available.
- Emily: are we going to be able to put up information for end users soon?
- Maggie: Yes, napa e-Decider products are ready to start. Possibly a google docs.
- Sean will be uploading this file to google docs and sharing with the group
- Dave: working with the data will give us some idea of what is and isn’t useful.
- Next agenda item: walk though disaster lifecycle cluster Strategic Plan for 2015:
- ESIP Goal 1: increase the use and value of Earth science data and information
- Task: Identify, promote and showcase trusted authoritative data sources/products for decision making across all member organizations.
- <etc, see google document: on the cluster wikipage>
- This document is ready to be edited by the group.