The Education Committee's Monthly call is on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00 PM Eastern.
Upcoming Meeting: Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 2:00 PM Eastern
To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/577716565 Or, you can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3131 Access Code: 577-716-565
Join the ESIP Education mailing list. : receives 3 -5 messages a month.
About ESIP's Education Committee
We are an all-volunteer open committee.
- 2019 Leadership
- Becky Reid - Chair
- Shelley Olds - Vice Chair
- Past Education Committee Leadership
- 2019 Leadership
- Projects and plans for FY 2018
Implementation plans with ESIP strategic goals, committee objective and charge; and objectives for the year mentioned:
10 minute demonstrations of cool Earth Science data tools or resources.
Project to develop a permanent loan and a lending library of instruments which includes the low-cost, high-quality, hand-held, durable, Blue-tooth enabled, and programmable multi-sensor instruments.
- Tacoma, WA
- Wednesday, July 17 2019
- Previous Workshops
- Tuscon, AZ
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Got a Drone? Try This! NSTA 2017 Milwaukee Area Conference, 11/9/17
- Presenter: Margaret Mooney, Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) UW-Madison
- Using Recreational Drones for STEM Explorations part of the Earth Educators' Rendezvous
- Albuquerque, NM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-11:30am, July 17-19, 2017
- Workshop resources: [2017 Drones in STEM]
- Bloomington, IN
- Thursday Jul 27, 2017
- Workshop resources available on Figshare: [Drones, Data and The Great American Eclipse Teacher Workshop 2017]
Archive & Previous Projects
- Archived Education Resources including conference posters and presentations, past initiatives, etc
ESIP Education Committee is starting a book club-style exploration of coding. The purpose is to explore the hype behind Hour of Code and other coding projects (Girls who code, etc) to find something we might harness as content for ESIP education workshops.