=== Data to Action Teacher Workshop - Wednesday, July 17, 2019 Tacoma, Washington===
Data to Action with Jupyter Notebooks and other Earth Science Tools
- 1:00 pm - Introductions, ESIP Overview & Intro to Coding with Jupyter Notebooks
- Workshop presentations: Introduction, GOES-16/17, & Jupyter Notebook activities on Figshare
- 1:15 pm - GOES-16/17 RGB Activity from NOAA CIMSS
- 1:30 pm Jupyter Notebooks Hurricane Activity
- 3:00 pm - Break
- 3:30 pm - SuAVE Survey Analysis via Visual Exploration:
- 4:45 pm - Wrap-up and Evaluations
- 5:30 pm (optional) - Research Showcase
Participating teachers are warmly invited and strongly encouraged to attend the Research Showcase Wednesday evening from 5:30 to 8pm. The Educator workshop is one portion of the larger ESIP 2018 Summer Meeting in Tacoma Washington and educators are welcome all week!
Teachers participating will receive a stipend of $200 (thanks to NOAA). More information and registration at https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/info.
Teacher workshop on ESIP schedule: https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/O40g/data-to-action-teacher-workshop
- GOES-R Series WebApps (http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/education/goesr/webapps) provide learners with easy to use apps to learn about combining satellite channels into RGB, spatial resolution, and the spectral bands of GOES 16/17
- The Explore Atlantic Storms Jupyter Notebook provided secondary educators hands on experience (some for the first time) with viewing, modifying, and playing with (python) code.
- SuAVE Survey Analysis via Visual Exploration is an incredibly powerful and fun tool to explore and use in the classroom.