Standards Implementation Virtual Workshops
Main ESIP page >> Main AQ Work Group page
A series of "virtual workshops" are being organized in order to help the air quality community establish best practices and conventions for implementing data format and exchange standards (e.g., netCDF-CF and OGC WCS)in order to advance the level of interoperability among air quality information systems and projects.
The objectives of the virtual workshops are to
- publish and expose existing services from multiple providers,
- compare standards implementations, explore differences, address challenges and reconcile differences in implementations
- agree on 'AQ Community' conventions and define guidance that harmonize the implementation of standards-based services
The concept of the virtual workshops is to foster interaction among the air quality community through semi-formal workshops that take advantage of remote meeting technologies and allow productive exchanges among the participants while residing in distributed physical locations.
Background on Interoperability of Data Systems
2010-12-10: Virtual Workshop 6 - Cyberinfrastructure for Air Quality - Recommendations
2010-09-25: Virtual Workshop 5 - AQ Projects
2010-09-10: Virtual Workshop 4 - Metadata
2010-08-27: Virtual Workshop 3 - WCS
2010-03-19: Demystifying GEOSS Infrastructure - Virtual Workshop 2
2010-03-05: Airnow - Virtual Workshop 1
People This is an open project and if you are interested in contributing to the technical . Register on this ESIP wiki to contribute content, discussions, or modify the page and click the "watch" tab.
- Engineering Report from AIP-2: http://www.ogcnetwork.net/AIP2ERs#AQ
- Paper describing the Infrastructure and process: http://capita.wustl.edu/capita/capitareports/090504Stresa_IT/Metadata_for_GEOSS/090406_CatalogMetadata_Submitted.doc
- Virtual Workshop - Demysitfying GEOSS (crap name) on explaining infrastructure and how to use it.
I went to a really interesting workshop put on by George Percivall last week on OGC standards. It was basically a tutorial on the various data access standards supported by OGC, the presentations are all here: http://www.ogcnetwork.net/node/1481