2010-03-05: Airnow - Virtual Workshop 1
March 5, 2010
Data being served[edit | edit source]
Real-time air quality observations and forecasts.
Types of web services implemented/Formats returned[edit | edit source]
REST services - in production:
Access to web services[edit | edit source]
Web Service Details:
This page lists web services operated at the AIRNow DMC with sample URLs, example output files, and inputs and outputs:
Demonstration Form for WCS Services:
Allows building URLs and running the Web Coverage Services (Point and TimePoint):
The demo page includes documentation of inputs and outputs, and inlcudes links to GetCapabilities and DescribeCoverage documents (drafts). The URL string is visually assembled when form selections are made. This form will be used in the virtual workshop.
These WCS services are currently operating on staging servers. An API Key from the staged AIRNow database is required to run the services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a temporary key.
Issues and questions[edit | edit source]
- WCS arguments; Questions about how to handle coverage argument to accommodate parameters/duration/POC.
- web services require authentication (using API key)
- payload options and formats (netCDF is evolving)
- need to make things uniform
AIP Description of Services[edit | edit source]
- Relationship of the components and services to the [architecture of your project?]
- Does your service support of open standards? Is there multiple-use potential outside of a single project?
- Performance capability of the components including typical traffic (hits per hour) that the components support, and
- Availability of the components for participation in the Pilot activities including persistence.
- Identify how your components and services will be used in the GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI). If you will provide client application capabilities, identify how this may also exploit the GCI in the proposed project. Comments to support the refinement of the AIP Architecture are encouraged,
AIP Description of Projects Involved with (How do the services fit into existing projects already?)[edit | edit source]
- Describe participation and/or membership of the responding organization in Air Quality activities;