Best Practices in Services and Data Interoperability
As the Federation membership grows, we have a continuing need to share with each other our diverse knowledge and experience in developing and deploying services oriented architectures based upon a variety of standards and in service of a diverse community of scientific and public users. This session will provide a variety of presentations that cover the basics of standard services, architectural models developed around services, and specific experiences in implementations and service interactions.
There will also be a lot of interoperability expertise on hand, so bring any questions and problems you have in this area to get answers!
- Web Service Protocols, Experiences and Best Practices (8:30am - 10:00am)
- Best Practices in REST, Pat Cappelaere, Presentation (pdf)
- Best Practices in SOAP (discussion), Brian Wilson/Liping Di/Andy Mitchell
- Web Mapping Service, Chris Lynnes, Presentation (pdf)
- The OGC Web Coverage Service Specification and Its Implementation, Liping Di, Presentation (pdf)
- Discovery (10:30am - 12:00pm)
- Understanding and Orchestration (1:00pm - 3:30pm)
- Ontologies for Earth System Science, Rob Raskin, Presentation (pdf)
- SciFlo workflows, and ECHO Client for space/time granule query, Brian Wilson
- GeoBrain BPELPower Workflow Engine, Liping Di, Presentation (pdf)
- OPeNDAP (4:00pm - 5:30pm)
- Hyrax Installation and Customization, James Gallagher
Please follow the below example in submitting your workshop for inclusion in the program.
- Workshop Title (created as a separate WIKI page for the abstract and presenter name. After creating the link [colored red because the page has not yet been created], click on the link to edit the page with your abstract and presenter information)