January 6-8, 2009, ESIP Federation Meeting, Washington, DC
Meeting Venue[edit | edit source]
The 2009 Winter ESIP Federation Meeting will be held January 6-8, 2009 in Washington, DC at the Embassy Suites Convention Center, located at 900 10th Street, NW, Washington DC 20001, 202-739-2001.
Registration[edit | edit source]
Early bird registration runs through November 30, 2008. The early bird conference registration for Members is $300; Non-Members is $400. Regular and on-site registration begins December 1, 2008. The regular conference registration for Members is $400; Non-Members is $500.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
7:30 a.m - 5 p.m.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Lodging[edit | edit source]
A small block of rooms has been reserved at the Embassy Suites for the nights of January 5-10 and is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the conference rate of $189/night for a single room (plus tax). Please use the group code of JNO when reserving your room. The cut-off for reserving rooms is December 7, 2008.
Program[edit | edit source]
- Uncommon Knowledge and Open Innovation: Building a Science Commons
- NOAA Data User Workshops
- Federal Agency Panel on Data Policy with Representatives from EPA, NASA and NOAA
- Interagency Data Policy Workshop
- GEOSS Architechture Implementation Pilot
- Air Quality EET Development
- Community Roundtable: ESIP Special Interest Groups: Who's Here, Who's Missing?
- Technical Workshops
- Google Earth Feedback from ESIP Community
- Interagency Data Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation Forum