Help:How to create a committee Portal
A Portal is a navigational page linking to various types of content belonging to a given Committee/topical area. It is also a root page for content like News or Events, which are created as subpages of the Portal page.
To create a new portal, please click on the "Add a Portal" button here and fill in the form.
Describe your Portal and add Committee members. See: Image 1.
Please note the "Settings" checkboxes. Each of them is responsible for showing a predefined block on the Portal page:
- A container and a set of controls to add, display and filter news related to the Committee activity or to the Portal subject. Read more here.
- A container and a set of controls to add and list events related to the Committee activity or to the Portal subject. Read more here.
- A container and a set of controls to add, display and filter the various types of resources important for the understanding of the Portal subject or the Committee activity. Read more here.
- Google documents
- A container and a set of controls to describe and embed Google documents on the wiki page. Read more here.
Save the form. The template behind it will create the layout and will format your Portal page automatically. The result will be close to the one here: Image 2.
- Add a strong identity to your Portal by adding a nice and big logo (full-width by design), a Portal name and tagline/slogan defining the scope of the Portal content and the Committee philosophy and outlook.
- Best look
- When adding Committee members, please try to provide square-shaped photos.
- Phone numbers
- You can add many phone numbers. Use a semicolon as a delimiter. Allowed symbols are digits (10 symbols without the country code), hyphens and round brackets. Valid patterns are:
+0 (000) 000-0000
000 000 0000
If the country code is not specified, "+1" (USA) will be assumed.
- Create new pages of predefined types right from the Portal page. Just click on the or icons of the corresponding block to create News or Events, or to add Resources.