Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Bob Arko, Type I Rep
- Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
- Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
- Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
- Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, October 10, 3 pm EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
- Approval of September Minutes
- President's Report
- Moving toward a single membership non-profit organization: On October 6, a special Virtual Assembly Meeting on Federation/Foundation Merge was held. The meeting provided information on merging the Foundation for Earth Science (501(c)3) & legal entity) with the Federation for Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP). Key drivers include reduction of confusion about the two separate entities and streamlining organizational structure, policies and policies that would enable the assembly, leadership team, the board and office to run ESIP more effectively. The informational package is available for all. The next step for the assembly is to pass the member resolution agreeing to the merge. Assembly vote will begin on Nov 6 and close on Dec 6. On October 7, the foundation for Earth Science board members met and passed the board resolution approving the merger proposal. The board is currently preparing the bylaws for the new organization.
- Significance: We had a strong ESIP presence at the International Data Week (Sept 11-17) including ESIP exhibit space, ImHere app, members attendance of World Data System forum, multiple presentations at SciDataCon, International Data Forum, a hackathons how to workshop, and attendance of many RDA sessions. Thanks to all who have attended and worn the ESIP hat. Special appreciation goes to to Erin and the staff for their outstanding support and outreach effort.
- Staff Report
- Committee Reports
- Data Stewardship
- Nominations - Job Description Doc
- Now that the assembly call has happened, the Nominations committee is getting into full swing. We already have a few suggestions that we are working with. We plan on a call in the coming days to help define our plan of attack. If you have suggestions, or are wanting to serve, please let Denise or another member of the committee know. An ESIP-wide call for nominations will be coming soon.
- Products & Services
- New Incubator RFP out (thanks, A.B.); Software guidelines out for public comment (and now official, dedicated panel oral session at AGU 2016).
- Semantic Technology
- Type Rep Reports
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Other Business
- “How to talk about ESIP” ideas and how to grow ESIP ambassadors
- How to document ESIP success stories - there is a technical and programmatic effort. As easy as tagging posts with #esipfed or some other hashtag, but then what do we do all the tagged content, where do we consolidate that, is that how we want to proceed with capturing success stories - let's think about this
- NOAA has some existing framework resources on this, EarthCube is also using NOAA's work on this.
2016 Work Plan
Past ExCom Workspaces
To see prior year work plans and links