Difference between revisions of "Program Committee"
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
# Committee Reports
# Committee Reports
Revision as of 10:15, September 6, 2016
Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation[edit | edit source]
Members[edit | edit source]
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Bob Arko, Type I Rep
- Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
- Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
- Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
- Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies
Activities[edit | edit source]
Telecons[edit | edit source]
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, August 9, 3 pm EDT
Webinar Information[edit | edit source]
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
Agenda[edit | edit source]
- Approval of August Minutes
- President's Report
- USGCRP: Thanks to Justin’s, we (Erin, Justin, Richard Eckman and I) met with USGCRP leadership team to discuss area of mutual interests and collaboration opportunities on August 24. Agenda and participations are posted here. The meeting was informative and productive. Several approaches were identified for the two organizations to move forward in common efforts that are mutually beneficial. Next steps in the near term include planning of the next meeting at AGU, a webinar to introduce ESIP to broader USGCRP groups. Summary of the telecom can be found here.
- Staff Report
- Annie: Sent out an initial email to potential ESIP stories working group. Continuing AIST evaluation process.
- Committee Reports
- Discussion and interactions with Erin and Bruce on upcoming C&B efforts pertaining to ESIP organizational changes. No current actions.
- Data Stewardship
- We will be sharing our draft STEM activities for drones at National Science Teacher Association conferences this fall.
- We've had a couple good activities contributed for our ebook.
- Starting at the winter meeting, we intend to launch a series of 10-minute tool demonstrations (webinars that folks can attend live or watch later)
- Tech Dive Webinar Series
- Nominations - Job Description Doc
- Products & Services
- Semantic Technology
- Independent ontology portal evaluation using ESIP evaluation framework
- Type Rep Reports
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Other Business
- ESIP at International Data Week - Please add your ideas, events, sessions etc to this google doc
- 2017 Theme proposed:
- Committee purpose discussion
- Any other business?
Tabled[edit | edit source]
- “How to talk about ESIP” ideas and how to grow ESIP ambassadors
- How to document ESIP success stories - there is a technical and programmatic effort. As easy as tagging posts with #esipfed or some other hashtag, but then what do we do all the tagged content, where do we consolidate that, is that how we want to proceed with capturing success stories - let's think about this
- NOAA has some existing framework resources on this, EarthCube is also using NOAA's work on this.
Telecon Minutes[edit | edit source]
2016 Work Plan[edit | edit source]
Past ExCom Workspaces[edit | edit source]
To see prior year work plans and links