Air Quality Break-out, ESIP 2010 Summer Meeting
The Air Quality Workgroup will be meeting on Wednesday and Thursday during the ESIP Summer Meeting.
Phone: 866-489-0573 (US, Canada, VOIP); 205-354-0149 (international) Meeting Code: *2279431*
Meeting Number: 731 616 340
If you have a webcam please turn it on during the discussions with the full group, so that every one can see you.
To join the online meeting (Now from iPhones too!)
- . Go to https://freetrial.webex.com/freetrial/j.php?ED=136015207&UID=933437522&RT=MiM3
- . Enter your name and email address.
- . Click "Join Now".
July 21, Wednesday
Welcome, Introduction and Overview (5-minutes)
New Projects (20-minutes)
- CyAir - Cyberinfrastructure for Air Quality Management
Funded Networking Projects Updates (5-min each)
- CEOS AC Portal
- Status and Plans for RSIG Data Connections
1. MODIS-L2 Aqua + Terra (Global Satellite 2000-present): NASA Goddard WCS http://lpweb.nascom.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/modisserver
2. CALIPSO L1b (L2 FY2011) (Global Satellite July 2006-present): NASA Langley WCS http://cain.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/calipsoserver
3. GASP-AOD (US Satellite June 2006-present): ftp cron job: ftp ftp3.ncdc.noaa.gov
4. AQS Ozone, PM25, CO, SO2, NO2, RH, Temp (US sites 1980-present): AQSmart account.
5. Airnow Ozone, PM25 (US sites 2003-present): Datafed.net: http://webapps.datafed.net/ogc_EPA.wsfl
6. MOZAIC Ozone, etc. (Global aircraft 2006): Copied to RSIG disks.
7. CMAQ (US 2002, 2006, FY2011: 2000-2006, OAQPS, CDC, AQMEII, etc.) Copied to RSIG disks.
8. SFADS Ozone, PM25 (US 2001-2006): Copied to RSIG disks.
9. UVnet irradiance (US sites 1996-June 2004): Copied to RSIG disks.
10. GOES-BB PM25, CO, etc. (US sites 2007-2009): Copied (manually ftp'd) to RSIG disks.
Data to be added in FY2011:
1. Add more CMAQ data (2001-2006+, OAQPS, CDC, AQMEII, etc.) 2. Add all MOZAIC data. 3. CALIPSO L2 (layer product). 4. INTEXB (US aircraft) NASA Langley. 5. CERES (global satellite) NASA Langley. 6. OzoneForecaster (US) (Dave Holland). 7. LARCTM (US backtrajectory) NASA Langley. 8. AURA-OMI/SCIAMACHY (global satellite). 9. MOPITT CO (global satellite). 10. Use a suitable Sonoma Tech webserver for GMT-hourly Airnow ozone, PM25 data. 11. Add other requested data, e.g., from Datafed.net.
- HTAP Network
- others (please add to this list)
GEO-ESIP Community Activities (5 min each)
GEO AQ Community of Practice
- GEO AQ CoP Collaborative Website
- GEO AQ CoP at HTAP, 2010-06-15, Brussels
- GEO AQ CoP at UIC Mtg, 2010-02-15, London
AQ GEOSS Community Infrastructure
- ISO metadata for finding data
- GEOSS Architecture Implementation Pilot AIP-3
- what is the state of the network connection Connectivity Matrix (maybe this should be renamed to the AQ Network Matrix?)
- Highlight nodes that are red that are high priority and aren't connected (outcome - critical systems need to be networked)
(scheduled break from 2:45-3:15 Eastern)
Discussion Focus Areas (20min each)
- Institutional and human factors challenges and opportunities in interoperability
- Interoperability successes among projects and use/planned use of GEOSS AQ Community Infrastructure
- Lessons learned and guidance that can be formulated for others to use in their implementations
- Challenges and new approaches to implementing interoperability
- Define next steps for interoperability testing among projects
- update interoperability matrix
- Virtual AQ Interoperability Standards Implementation Workshops: making them work for you
- CyAir Reflections: Given discussion above: What does this mean for CyAir?
July 22, Thursday
- Outline next Interoperability Standards Implementation 'Virtual Workshops'
- Define goals, scope and logistics for face-to-face/virtual AQ Interoperability Standards Implementation Workshop
- Listing of current connected datasets (with monitoring of service performance)
- Example of health performance on AQ uFIND - shows status of server (how many layers returned) and status of indiv. layer
- Plans for GEO-VI Plenary Air Quality 'Showcase'
Ideas and Suggestions for Summer Meeting
- Entire should be virtual - expect that more than half of participants might be remote.
- Potential collaboration with the Tech workshops from Tuesday
- Describe HTAP Network, ACP, other AQ projects by the way that they leverage AQ Community Infrastructure
- identifying and begin registering the emerging air quality data-as-services from the various projects e.g. (HTAP network; Atmp Comp Network, CyAir)
- using the ISO metadata for cataloging, discovery and finding the shared data resources
- agree on a few practical use cases for demonstrating interoperability and networking
We could also begin work on the
- convention for metadata for understanding the observations (surface, satellite, model, emission...)
- distributing the shared tools and methods (server, client, registration...)
A particular topic that would help GEOSS is a participatory discussion/feedback on the User Requirements Registry for air quality. A possible way to approach this is to ask the project representatives to identify their respective user requirements. I can provide more later..