Summer 2011 Meeting
Santa Fe, NM - July 12-15, 2011
E-Packet[edit | edit source]
- Meeting Program
- Strategic Retreat Report
- Proposed Changes to Constitution and Bylaws
- ESIP Opportunities
- EPA Contest Flyer
- CLEAN Reviewer Flyer
Meeting Venue[edit | edit source]
A block of rooms has been reserved at both hotels at the conference rate of $100/night. Both room blocks are limited with rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cut-off date for reservations is 12 noon (MDT), June 13, 2011 or when the room block is full, whichever is earlier. Please note that Friday and weekend stayovers may incur a higher rate. For reservations, contact:
- Hotel La Fonda (800) 523-5002 - request the Federation for Earth Science Information Partners rate or provide the rate code 667054.
- Inn and Spa at Loretto (866) 582-1646 - request conference code 10B4XA.
Transportation[edit | edit source]
Two airports serve the Santa Fe vicinity:
- The Albuquerque airport (ABQ) is 65 miles from Santa Fe and is served by most major airlines. Transportation from ABQ to the Meeting hotels is available via:
- The Santa Fe airport (SAF) is served by American Eagle airlines with connections in Dallas and LA.
- Airport shuttles, taxi service, and rental cars are available at SAF.
- RIDE SHARE - If you are interested in driving or riding with other ESIP members coming in about the same time, add your email address to the google doc spreadsheet (no login needed): http://bit.ly/lk6JLu
Registration[edit | edit source]
Registration for the 2011 Summer ESIP Federation Meeting is now open. Early registration (through June 1, 2011) is $395/members and $495/non-members. After June 1, the registration fee rises to $495 (members) and $595 (non-members). A special registration is available for students and teachers for $150. A one-day attendance is available upon request. Registration for the meeting begins here.
Theme[edit | edit source]
Data and Information Quality
Agenda by Day[edit | edit source]
- July 11, 2011 DataONE Workshop
- Tues July 12 (Teacher Workshop & Technical Workshops), SPG workshop agenda
- Wed July 13 (Teacher Workshop, Technical Workshops, Plenary, Poster Session)
- Thurs July 14 (Breakout Sessions)
- Fri July 15 (Committee/Cluster Meetings, FundingFriday, Breakouts, Field Trip)
Breakout sessions[edit | edit source]
We will continue to offer emergent meeting ('open meeting') capabilities. Rather than devoting a single day to this concept, this capability will be offered during the entire meeting. There will be space available for attendees to gather on the fly, around a table to have a discussion about a timely topic. This capability will be supported by the tweet stream, on-site postings and announcements during meeting gatherings.
NOTE: Best practices for Technical Workshops are here: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Technical_Workshop_Best_Practices
Social Media and Virtual Participation[edit | edit source]
Online Streaming Plenary and Breakout Sessions[edit | edit source]
Details to come.
"Hallway Chatter" on Twitter[edit | edit source]
Follow along with the 'hallway chatter' by checking on the #ESIPFed twitter stream. If you want to chime in, just tag your tweet with #ESIPFed (great for virtual questions during plenaries).
Meeting Documents[edit | edit source]
- Summer Meeting Submission form for poster abstracts, open meeting day sessions, breakout sessions and workshops.
Off-Site Activities[edit | edit source]
CANCELLED due to wildfires. The Preserve is expected to remain closed through the rest of July.
A field trip to the Valles Caldera National Preserve on Friday afternoon, led by Bob Parmenter (Valles Caldera Chief Scientist), followed by a no-host dinner. Transportation will be provided.