SPG Agenda July 12 2011
July 12, 2011 NASA ESDSWG SPG meeting
Data Quality, Standards and Frameworks for NASA Earth Science Data Systems
8:30am - 5:00pm
Santa Fe room, La Fonda hotel, Santa Fe, NM
Note - Files may be downloaded from here.
|Tuesday, July 12, 2011|
|9:00||Greg Stensaas||“QA4EO” – Data Quality Framework|
|9:30||Chris Lynnes, NASA GSFC||Ambiguity of Data Quality for Remote Sensing Data|
|10:00||Barry Weiss, Hook Hua||Development of Tools to Incorporate ISO 19115 Metadata into Science Data Systems|
|10:30||Ken Keiser, UAH||Integrated Multi-Project Visualization using Data Casting|
|11:00||Joseph Glassy, NASA/Lupine Logic||Applying Universal Unique Identifiers (UUID) to NASA Freeze/Thaw ESDR Data Products|
|11:30||Matthew Cechini, NASA GSFC||Coherent Web|
|12:00||Wenli Yang, GMU||The OGC Web Coverage Service Specification and its application in the NASA Data environment|
|1:30||Helen Conover||NetCDF4 RFC progress/review|
|2:00||Michael Burnett, et. al.||Reference Architecture (see below)|
|3:30||Michael Burnett, et. al.||Reference Architecture, cont. (see below)|
Reference Architecture plan for discussion:
- If possible, distribute the draft document to those who plan to attend in advance.
- Provide a quick discussion of the architecture. The presentation would not review any of the items line by line.
- Assign attendees to groups. Each group represents one of the identified stakeholders in the architecture. Each group will get 30 to 45 minutes to review the document with that stakeholders view in mind. Team will request whether the stakeholders interests are met, and, if not, what is missing. Electronic and paper copies of the document will be available.
- Groups report back. Each group has 10 minutes to report their results. ( about one hour )
- Overall discussion and request for additional feedback ( about 30 minutes )