From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
On the call: Rob Raskin, Erin Robinson, Danny Hardin, Ana Prados
* Cluster Plans for 2011 * Contributions to the ESIP Summer Meeting, Santa Fe, NM * Evaluation workshops: overview of Winter meeting workshop, future workshop planning and other opportunities to learn about program/project evaluation
2010 Decisions cluster accomplishments discussion: Contributions to last 3 ESIP meetings including an end-user/decision maker focused breakout in the Winter of 2010 and Summer of 2010 and an Evaluation workshop in Winter 2011.
Moving forward in 2011:
- Continue to support evaluation theme and follow up with Anne Doucette
- Help connect members to additional evaluation resources, including the Environmental Evaluation Network event in D.C (Ana is on planning committee and will provide more details soon)
- Begin a repository of Case Study success stories in utilization of data for decision-support with measurable positive impacts for societal benefit(e.g. economic benefits, etc.). Encourage others ESIP-wide to contribute Case Studies (and other clusters). Post list of Case Studies on Decisions web page. Use case studies to contribute to monthly ESIP newsletter
- Begin building a package of best-practices - meant to be a working document- for how to incorporate evaluation into project/program management, including resources for how to find an evaluator etc. Host on Decisions wiki page for all to contribute.
Possible Contributions for Summer Santa Fe meeting:
- Data products and tools appropriate to decision-making activities
- How the quality of the data inputs and the services used to deliver the data impact the quality of decision-making activities
Action items for Santa Fe
- Find decision makers/speakers for the break-out session to discuss their data and data-service needs from their perspective. Work with other clusters on this.
- Talk to Karl about local/state decision makers to invite
- Talk to Dave Jones about decision-makers in Texas to invite