Interagency Data Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation Forum/TeleconNotes/2015-09-21
Meeting Agenda - DS Committee - 2015-09-21 2PM EDT
Link to the Meeting Notes: Meeting Notes
Link to the Meeting Recording:
- For Streaming: https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/ldr.php?RCID=eb3f34d91fcc0f1ebc3e8ede721aa209
- For Downloading: https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/lsr.php?RCID=5c0689ac67562e10d168531e592af0c8
Link to webex: https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0401lsp11/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed Passcode: 23138372
Telecon: 1-877-668-4493 Access Code: 23138372
1. ExCom update (Denise)
2. Meeting Recap:
- a. ESIP Data Stewardship Committee Paper on Identifiers (August 12th/September 8th)
- i. Preliminary paper outline available.
- b. Information Quality Cluster (August 13th)
- i. Use case solicitations.
- c. Data Management Training (September 3rd)
3. Student Fellow Updates:
- a. Data management training modules comparison project.
- a. Citizen Science
- i. What are some of the key questions that would be appropriate for us to explore?
- ii. Examples of other federal agencies that are involved with Citizen Science development:
- 1) USGS’ Community for Data Integration currently has a Citizen Science Working Group (https://my.usgs.gov/confluence/display/cdi/Citizen+Science+Working+Group).
- 2) NIH also has a Citizen Science Working Group.
- 3) USFWS will provide a “Citizen Science Framework to meet Research, Management, and Citizen Engagement Conservation Goals” (http://www.fws.gov/refuges/vision/scientificExcellence.html).
Next meetings: Monthly Telecon, October 19.