ExCom November 2011
ESIP Federation Executive Committee, November 10, 2011
Attendees: Chris Lenhardt, Bruce Caron, Karl Benedict, Ken Keiser, Rob Raskin, Annette Schloss, Stefan Falke, Steve Berrick, Brian Wilson, Erin Robinson, Carol Meyer
The meeting was called to order by President Chris Lenhardt at 2:05 pm EDT.
- Adoption of Minutes. A motion to adopt was made by Chris Lenhardt, with Annette Schloss offering a second. The minutes were approved by acclamation.
- Winter Meeting Update
- Program - Program is basically all set. Carol Meyer thanked all who submitted sessions and who worked together to reduce overlap. She noted that we still are waiting for confirmation on plenary speakers. Tim Killeen, NSF has confirmed. Carol tossed out an idea for panel discussion. Panel will be policy level collaboration across agency.
- Business Meeting will be the morning of January 5. Working with Rob Raskin to smooth business and to establish a quorum. A Primer on Robert's Rules will be provided. There is a call for nominations open for the annual election, with nominations closing at the end of November. If you have decided not to run, let Carol/Erin know so that replacements can be approached.
- Recap of EarthCube Charrette - Carol, Bruce, Chris and Rahul attended. Encouraging to see similarities between EarthCube goals and ESIP work. Coming out of EarthCube, EAGER awards are welcome, and funding could come as early as Dec. 1. NSF emphasized that other program areas are also important considerations.
- Other Business
- Partnership Update: Approved the 7 new member application. Waiting for LASP to write in terms of 3rd person.
- Discussion of Martha Maiden Award.
Motion to adjourn made by Stefan Falke and seconded by Steve Berrick.
The meeting adjourned at 3:05 EDT.