Discovery Governance Process Steps
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
<< Back to the Discovery Cluster Governance page
The following sequences of steps apply to each Discovery Change Proposal (DCP).
Call for change proposals[edit | edit source]
- Editors invite community to submit change proposals
- Include Context: ‘background’, ‘problem addressed’, ‘proposed solution’, ‘rationale for the solution’
Proposal review period[edit | edit source]
- Community reviews and comments on change proposal
- set a time limit for the review period.
Proposal revision[edit | edit source]
- Editors revise proposal based on community feedback from the review.
- Make sure community sees the revised version before voting.
Vote[edit | edit source]
- ESIP wiki account holders can vote.
- Change proposal adopted with majority of community votes and agreed upon by majority of editors.
- Need 3/5 majority of Yays to Nays
- The editors can veto.
Final review[edit | edit source]
- Editors provide revised version of document on wiki.
- Community provides final comments before finalization.
Ratified[edit | edit source]
- Proposal is approved by the community.
- Should start looking into implementation conformance.