Category:Climate Forecast Conventions
CF Cluster[edit | edit source]
The CF Cluster has expanded to include consideration of the more general problem of conventions and best practices for documenting scientific datasets in any format using a variety of dialects. This Category includes pages that are relevant to the CF Conventions.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Propose extensions to the CF naming conventions that are relevant to observational data
- Create use cases and interoperability demos that demonstrate the value of CF usage in remote sensing
- Provide tutorials at Federation meetings on the use of the CF conventions
Possible CF Extensions[edit | edit source]
- 1. Spectral bands
- Define as dimension rather than coordinate variable
- Pre-define band names
- Pre-define by wavelength/frequency range
- Proposal by Tom Whittaker
- 2. Data quality
- Modifiers such as "percent_cloud_free"
- 3. Level 3-specific
- Local/solar time
- 4. Level 2-specific
- Orbital parameters/swath geometry
- 5. Level 1-specific
- Calibration tables/engineering parameters
- 6, Cf/Radial
- Radial data conventions for radars and lidars
netCDF and ISO[edit | edit source]
Some ideas about the relationship between the [netCDF metadata model and ISO] are available. Input on those topics are welcome.
netCDF Templates for in-situ data types[edit | edit source]
NODC has recently proposed a set of netCDF Templates for in-situ data types. These are important potential extensions to the CF Conventions.
netCDF files with groups[edit | edit source]
Developing CF standard names for data from ADCPs and current meters[edit | edit source]
CF-Aware Tools[edit | edit source]
H4CF Conversion Library- provides CF-compliant access to HDF4 and HDF-EOS2 files
Join the Cluster e-mail list[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- CF Home Page
- Read the CF-satellite archives (UCAR):
- Join the CF-satellite e-mail list (UCAR):
- NCAR's proposed CF-compliant format for fixed and mobile radars and lidars (Cf/Radial):
Governance[edit | edit source]
Chairs: Ted Habermann (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ed Armstrong (Edward.M.Armstrong@jpl.nasa.gov)
Pages in category "Climate Forecast Conventions"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- CF Conventions
- CF Coordinate Conventions
- CF Standard Names - Accepted names for aerosols and chemistry
- CF Standard Names - CF Standard Names - Submitted Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosol Terms
- CF Standard Names - OLD Submitted Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosol Terms
- CF Standard Names - Radiative Forcing
- Configuration Extractor from netCDF-CF