Winter Meeting 2012 Climate Track
From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
- Need lunch time speaker - Ed Maibach was a recommendation
Three Sessions[edit | edit source]
- ES Collaboratory Session - Climate focused?
- Need Title - This debut session of ESIP's newest working group will showcase the results of a needs assessment conducted by our inaugural group of student interns. Through the fall of 2011, the interns interviewed key ESIP members about their communication- and education-related challenges. The Communication and Education Services Working Group will share results of the interviews and provide overviews of a range of solutions to the most commonly cited challenges. To be sure your group's needs for communication and education services are covered in the session, please complete our short survey.
- Everyone will participate in interviews
- Technology Tools that Enhance Collaboration: Solutions from Climate Change Education Initiatives - This session will feature technology tools that enable collaboration without travel (and minimum carbon) as presented by ESIP members who use these tools in Climate Change Education initiatives. Demonstrations will be accompanied by a discussion of associated best practices. [Jesse asked to help
- Tools & presenters (not yet complete or confirmed)
- Join Me - LuAnn Dahlman
- Second Life - LuAnn Dahlman
- Google Apps - LuAnn Dahlman and Alan Gould
- Mobile Apps - Annette Schloss
- Webinars - Margaret Mooney
- on-line curriculum - Tamara Ledley
- Citizen Science - Oleg Auvlov
- ESIP Commons - Erin
- Collaborative Tools - Eric Rozell?
Other Details[edit | edit source]
- Poster Session w/ prize