From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
Monthly Teleconference[edit | edit source]
- The Web Services Cluster holds a teleconference on the first and third Mondays of every month.
- Next call: First Monday of the month 1 PM EST (10 AM PST)
Upcoming Discussion: Web Service Chains[edit | edit source]
- At the next Federation meeting, we are going to demonstrate several web service chains and register all of our (SOAP) services in the ECHO services registry. We plan to use this wiki to coordinate the collaborations and document our services.
OGC Services Discussion Area[edit | edit source]
- While the Service Collaboration Demos page provides information for accessing a variety of OGC and non-OGC web services hosted by Federation members, this discussion page provides an area where we may collect information about specifications, implementations, and experiences with the provision and consumption of the various OGC specifications.
- The GALEON (Geo-interface for Air, Land, Environmental, Oceans NetCDF) Interoperability Experiment of the OGC may be of interest to some ESIP partners. The work is being continued and documented as an GALEON OGCnetwork http://www.ogcnetwork.net/galeon. GALEON has focused initially on the Web Coverage Service (WCS) specification, but there is increasing interest in standard interfaces for data catalogs (CSW, Catalog Services for the Web, Web Processing Services (WPS) and Web Coverage Processing Services (WCPS) that could be important in ESIP data and processing services discovery and chaining.
- GALEON-related Services is a draft document intended to illustrate how the wiki can be used as a place for GALEON and ESIP participants to collaborate. Hopefully this sort of document can be used as a place where collaborators can update the information for their services and clients.