Water Cluster Activities
The Water Cluster will focus on a series of activities that lead it toward a coordination of many disparate technical activities across the domain. One area of interest is in semantics. Toward that end, the meeting's breakout sessions will allow for a range of presentations, discussions and demonstrations around the topic of semantics. The list below is presented as a strawman and is open to comment and editing by members of the water cluster community.
- Poster and Demo Session
- Ontology Management
- Semantic Architecture (Luis Bermudez)
- Data Integration and Display Tools (Phil Yang, others)
- Use Case Identification (Bill Sonntag)
- Joint Session with Environmental Decision Making Breakout
- Wrap-up Discussion
- Develop a series of projects to demonstrate approaches that provide:
- stable curated technologies
- semantic architechture
- data integration tools.
- These approaches will:
- allow for rapid evolution in the field
- be responsive to real environemntal science and policy needs
- be developed collaboratively
During the ESIP Federation Winter 2010 meeting, there will be a poster session on the evening of January 5. The posters will be divided up into 2 categories - those posters dealing with environmental decision making and those that do not. Since the Water Cluster ultimately exists to improve the access to and use of water data and information, water-related posters will fall under the former category. Since the Water Cluster plans a significant presence at the meeting, we invite you to contribute a poster. Poster guidelines can be found here. In addition, there will be a limited number of monitors available during the poster session for attendees to offer demos. Monitors are available on a first-reserved basis and are limited.
To participate in the poster session with a water-related presentation, please register for the meeting and submit your abstract. In addition, please add your name below and indicate whether you are presenting a poster, demo or both and your poster/demo title.
- Name, Poster Title, (Poster, Demo, Both)