Welcome to the Usability Cluster
Contact Cluster Chair:
Contact Cluster Co-Chair:
ESIP Usability Cluster Vision
To foster the adoption of usability research and evaluation techniques for all user-facing capabilities provided by archives and repositories.
The Usability Cluster aims to discuss the applicability of using User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) principles and techniques in evaluating and enhancing the services offered by data archives/repositories. In particular, the cluster will review usability principles and common usability evaluation techniques as well as the different areas in which these principles and techniques could be applied in a data archive/repository setting. The cluster will also collect and annotate usability resources, such as usability evaluation tools and relevant conference/publications, as well as perform usability case studies. Ultimately, the cluster aims to demonstrate through practical examples that UI/UX analysis and design need not be burdensome in order to yield immediate results and that these experiences could be shared with the great community to enhance user interactions with the data archives/repositories as a whole.
- Meeting Agenda and Notes for 2016:
- 2016-09-07: Monthly Telecon
- All meetings are conducted via GoToMeeting (see left-hand side of this page).
- We meet on the First Wednesday of each month at 3:00pm Eastern.
- Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Click: https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/453694565
- You can also dial in using your phone.
- United States: +1 (408) 650-3123
- Access Code: 453-694-565
- Activities/Special Topic Discussion Meeting:
- We also meet for Activities and Special Topics discussions as necessary.
What links here: Usability