Difference between revisions of "Semantic Web Telecons"

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
 
(47 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)
Line 11: Line 11:
 
Ongoing - Fourth Tuesday - 1300 PT/ 1400 MT/ 1500 CT/ 1600 ET/ 2100 UT<br>
 
Ongoing - Fourth Tuesday - 1300 PT/ 1400 MT/ 1500 CT/ 1600 ET/ 2100 UT<br>
  
To start or join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting<br>
+
Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1
+
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/976796333
  
#Click join next to the meeting name. (Note: If the meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen) <br>
+
You can also dial in using your phone.
#Enter your name and email address<br>
 
#If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23103348 with no spaces or #.<br>
 
  
To join the audio portion of the Conference meeting:
+
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
: You can use VoIP or call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493<br>
 
: Attendee access code: 231 033 48<br>
 
  
== June 25, 2013 Telecon==
+
Access Code: 976-796-333
  
* Previous action items
+
=Committee meeting notes=
* Ontology governance update (Peter)
 
* Ontology portal (Line)
 
* Summer meeting sessions
 
** PROV-ES - http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/PROV-ES
 
*** Will have a presentation from Hook/Curt ?? TBC.
 
** schema.org/ dataset extension for Earth Science - Mashups and ToolMatch may fit at the end of this. http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/DatasetSchema
 
* Discuss remainder of 2013 activities
 
* Other business
 
  
[[SWTeleconNotes20130625]]
+
== 2020 ==
  
== April 30, 2013 Telecon ==
+
<big>'''All notes are recorded in [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wMVNI1xuG2uDasMcBxk57y1lSJfq0tKRxDvDXhYmpb8/edit?usp=sharing Google Docs here]'''
 +
</big>
  
* Previous action items
+
== 2019 ==
** Summer meeting sessions
 
** Toolmatch/rules update (Chris)
 
* Ontology governance update (Peter)
 
* Ontology portal (Line)
 
* Discuss 2013 activities
 
** schema.org and datasets and Earth Science (Brian)
 
** PROV-ES
 
** VISKO
 
** IQ cluster interactions
 
* Other/New items
 
  
[[SWTeleconNotes20130430]]
+
<big>'''All notes are recorded in [https://docs.google.com/document/d/19agZraGms4vsv7S2SP0SpPWuTtfIQOet4NkyvMUEClQ/edit?usp=sharing Google Docs here]'''
 +
</big>
  
== January 22, 2013 Telecon ==
+
<big>'''The COR subgroup notes are recorded in [https://docs.google.com/document/d/11PDLvjPWvkCt50ikZJZgrBLQMhE1_pbN-FUdp0AEzdM/edit?usp=sharing Google Docs here]'''
 +
</big>
  
* Previous action items (see notes)
+
==2018==
* * Winter meeting report on sessions
+
<big>'''Archives notes are recorded in [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vdHTXbp1G6wiwdyrC0Uw9IKgTgJF4G6vjThR2eNJ-q8/edit?usp=drive_web Google Docs here]'''
** Toolmatch/rules update (Chris/ Eric)
+
</big>
** Ontology governance update (Peter)
+
*[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ST_Notes_2018 Please See Archived Notes Here]
** Ontology portal (Line)
 
* Discuss 2013 activities
 
** schema.org and datasets and Earth Science (Brian)
 
** PROV-ES
 
** VISKO
 
** IQ cluster interactions
 
* Other/New items
 
  
[[SWTeleconNotes20130122]]
+
==2017==
  
== November 27, 2012 Telecon ==
+
*[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ST_Notes_2017 Please See Archived Notes Here]
  
* Previous action items (see notes)
+
==2016==
* Toolmatch update (Chris/ Eric)
+
*[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ST_Notes_2016 Please See Archived Notes Here]
* Ontolog update (Dalia if attending, others)
 
* Ontology governance update (Peter)
 
* IQ cluster interactions/ update (Peter)
 
* Winter meeting plans/ sessions
 
* Other/New items
 
  
[[SWTeleconNotes20121127]]
+
==Prior to 2016==
 +
*[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ST_Notes_Prior_To_2016 Please See Archived Notes Here]
  
== October 30, 2012 Telecon ==
+
==September 26, 2017==
 
+
<big>'''All notes are recorded in [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5pdc152hHmGJenbSjVl82ok3M8B2oGEsgqYiEioPRs/edit?usp=sharing Google Docs here]'''</big>
* Previous action items (see notes for today)
 
* Toolmatch update (Chris/ Eric)
 
* Ontolog update (Dalia if attending, others)
 
* Ontology governance beyond what we have (update; Peter, maybe a presentation)
 
* Report from EarthCube 'next generation' meeting, re: semantics (Peter)
 
* Request for input on NASA ESDSWG Semantic Tech Quad Chart (Brian if able to join, others)
 
* Other reports on Semantics Activities (any)
 
* See update from Line Pouchard on ESIP Ontology Portal
 
* Other/New items
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20121030]]
 
 
 
== September 25, 2012 Telecon (draft) ==
 
 
 
* SW hackathon session topics
 
** ToolMatch Talkoot
 
**
 
* SW Tutorials
 
** Experts sessions
 
* SW hands on
 
** Cross cluster sessions
 
* Ontolog sessions advertisement (EarthCube related) - Dalia
 
** update
 
* Ontology governance by cluster
 
** Functions; ticket, comment, tracking update
 
** What's put into Portal and by whom
 
** Curation guidance
 
* Other business
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120925]]
 
 
 
== August 28, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* ToolMatch Talkoot next steps
 
** Other SW hackathon session topics
 
* Ontolog sessions advertisement (EarthCube related) - Dalia
 
** http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/
 
* SWC Role in Nov. NASA ESDSWG meeting (if any)
 
* Planning for 2013 ESIP Winter meeting
 
** Tutorials/ hackathon
 
** Experts sessions
 
** Cross cluster sessions
 
* Bioportal @ ORNL - http://ec2-50-18-136-210.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com
 
** Status
 
** Feedback
 
** Name? "ESIP-OPortal" (working title)
 
* Ontology governance by cluster
 
** What's put into the ESIP-OPortal and by whom
 
** Curation guidance
 
* Other business
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120828]]
 
 
 
== July 24, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Outcome discussion of ToolMatch Talkoot and next steps.
 
* General ESIP meeting discussion and planning for 2013 Winter meeting
 
** Tutorials/ hackathon
 
** Experts sessions
 
* Bioportal @ ORNL
 
** Status
 
** Ontologies governance by cluster
 
* Other business
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120724]]
 
 
 
== June 26, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
* Bioportal @ ORNL
 
* SWEET and GCMD discussion
 
* Data Quality ontologies governance by cluster
 
* Planning for the ToolMatch Talkoot and Summer
 
* EarthCube Semantic Web community group report from Charrette and status
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120626]]
 
 
 
== May 22, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Planning for the ToolMatch Talkoot and Summer
 
* Bioportal @ ORNL
 
* Data Quality ontologies governance by cluster
 
* EarthCube Semantic Web community group status.
 
* Other topics
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120522]]
 
 
 
== April 24, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
USGCRP/NCA/GCIS Overview<br>
 
Global Change Information System<br>
 
Curt Tilmes, USGCRP NCO<br>
 
[[Media:GCIS_ESIP_2012-04-24.pptx | Presentation Slides]]
 
 
 
== March 27, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Introductions (Chris Lynnes chairing)
 
* Moment of silence in memory of Rob Raskin
 
* Current Activities
 
** ESSI-LOD
 
** ESIP network
 
** [http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ToolMatch ToolMatch], questions:
 
*** [[ToolMatch Identifiers|How to identify the main class instances, datasets and tools?]]
 
*** [[ToolMatch Publishing|How to publish triples?]]
 
** [http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Applications_of_Semantic_Web_for_Earth_Science white paper] on semantic web usage in Earth Science
 
** Ontology repository tesbed via Products and Services APPROVED (update from Mike or Line)
 
* Navy SemWeb showcase (NASA tech. infusion, and ESIP) - Hook
 
** Report/ Feedback
 
* New Activities
 
** Sessions for ESIP summer?
 
*** Early planning
 
** Sessions for AGU meeting - http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2012_AGU_ESSI_Session_Ideas
 
** Please ADD other new activities here
 
* Future agenda items
 
** SWEET transition
 
** Choosing a new representative for the SWEET governance
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120327]]
 
 
 
== February 28, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Introductions
 
* Update on Ontology repository proposal to Products and Services
 
* Current Activities
 
** ESSI-LOD
 
** ESIP network
 
* Update on New Activities
 
** [http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ToolMatch ToolMatch], an effort to use ontologies and linked data to match tools and services with data.
 
** [http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Applications_of_Semantic_Web_for_Earth_Science white paper] on semantic web usage in Earth Science
 
** OPeNDAP support of RDF
 
* Navy SemWeb showcase (NASA tech. infusion, and ESIP) - Hook
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120228]]
 
 
 
== January 24, 2012 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* New Telecon Time Discussion
 
* Discuss/review outcomes of Winter Meeting
 
** Updates on working activities
 
*** Erin - ESIP Network progress
 
*** Eric/Tom - ESIP AGU project
 
** New activities for 2012 from Winter ESIP meeting
 
*** Chris - tools/dataset project
 
*** Chris will work on EarthCube white paper
 
*** data types/service ontologies needs to be revisited
 
*** James Gallagher has a possible use of semantics with Opendap.
 
**** Chris - could you use RDF and Opendap to create a integrated visualization from opendap servers
 
* Other items
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20120124]]
 
 
 
==December 27, 2011 Telecon==
 
 
 
NO telecon in December
 
 
 
== November 29, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Identify goals/outcomes of Winter Meeting
 
* Erin will demonstrate ESIP Network progress
 
* Eric/Tom will give more updates/questions about ESIP project
 
* Greg will give an Information Quality Presentation (needs from Semantic Web)
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20111129]]
 
 
 
== October 25, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Cluster activities
 
** Quality:  needed for Info Quality Semantic Web Primer
 
*** Status?
 
* Plans for Winter meeting
 
* Eric/Tom activities
 
* ESIP Network Use Case
 
** Status?
 
* New activities
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20111025]]
 
 
 
== September 27, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* AAG
 
* Cluster activities
 
** Quality:  needed for Info Quality Semantic Web Primer
 
** Data / Service ontology
 
*** Status?
 
** Preservation and Stewardship
 
** Discovery
 
*** Status?
 
** Joint session with NASA TIWG in Nov. ESDSWG meeting
 
*** Demonstrations
 
* Eric/Tom activities
 
* ESIP Network Use Case
 
** Status?
 
* New activities
 
** Casting ontology
 
** Revisit tutorials and webinars
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20110927]]
 
 
 
== June 28, 2011 Telecon ==
 
* ESIP Summer Meeting
 
** USE CASES NEEDED!
 
*** Quality:  needed for Info Quality Semantic Web Primer
 
*** Data / Services:  needed for ontology development
 
*** Preservation and Stewardship -- will be discussed during session.
 
** Joint session with Info Quality
 
*** When is it?  2:15-3:00
 
*** Semantic Web primer for Info Quality?
 
** Joint session with Preservation and Stewardship
 
*** When is it?
 
*** Semantic Web primer for Preservation and Stewardship?
 
** Semantic Web Cluster meeting, Friday at 8:30
 
* ESIP Network Use Case
 
** Projects Ontology
 
** Use of TestBed?
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20110628]]
 
 
 
== May 24, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* ESIP summer SW technical sessions on ontology development (quality, data and service, provenance/ stewardship)
 
** use cases needed for each of these by June telecon
 
** who will lead each of these
 
* SW tutorial
 
** confirm format
 
** presenters
 
** scheduling
 
* NASA TIWG SW plans (ESIP meeting and general interactions with SW cluster)
 
* Testbed status update - if needed
 
* Add agenda items here.
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20110524]]
 
 
 
== March 22, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Plan for AGU sessions for fall meeting
 
* ESIP summer SW technical sessions on ontology development (quality - yes, data and service - yes, casting - too early)
 
** use cases needed for each of these
 
* Testbed status update (from last telecon)
 
* Add agenda items here.
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20110322]]
 
 
 
== February 22, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Planning for Summer Meeting (theme: information and data quality)
 
** Breakouts
 
** Tutorial
 
** Ontology Working Session
 
*** Casting?
 
* Testbed
 
** Status
 
** Needed features?
 
* Any more inputs for Erin on collaboration tools?
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20110222]]
 
 
 
== January 25, 2011 Telecon ==
 
 
 
* Review of ESIP Winter Semantic Web Tutorial (Peter, Chris, Hook, Rob)
 
** Evaluation
 
** Relation to NASA Tech Infusion activities and goals
 
** Relation to SW testbed and requirements on the testbed
 
** Same form or others (e.g. Expert Panel, etc.)
 
** Where and when next?
 
* Using the http://esipfed.org/ site for dereferencible ontology IRIs.  (Chris L)
 
* Continuation of Data-Type and Service ontology work (Peter)
 
* Ontology development to support 'casting' (Brian)
 
* Summer meeting theme data and information quality - and possible quality ontology work session
 
* Other topics?
 
**Utopia uses semantic services to annotate PDFs, but is focused on biomed. Needs earth science add-ons. Check it out at http://www.utopiadocs.com/documents/  Looking to create a PDF-based poster archive for ESIP with Utopia-like interface.  NEW:  If this is of any interest to you, I'll spin up a Basecamp site. so email me  [bruce at tnms.org] and I'll sign you up. Here is another resource from bio-med land.  http://code.google.com/p/annotation-ontology/ (Bruce C)
 
* Time - 4pm ET
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20110115]]
 
 
 
== November 22, 2010 Telecon==
 
 
 
* 2pm ET
 
* Short description of Test Bed
 
* Review of ESIP Winter Tutorial Syllabus and timing/ scheduling at ESIP
 
* Decision on presenters for each component
 
* Time line for content development and review.
 
 
 
[[SWTeleconNotes20101122]]
 

Latest revision as of 14:12, January 21, 2020


Telecons

Main ESIP page >> Main Cluster page Previous calls


Ongoing - Fourth Tuesday - 1300 PT/ 1400 MT/ 1500 CT/ 1600 ET/ 2100 UT

Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/976796333

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 976-796-333

Committee meeting notes

2020

All notes are recorded in Google Docs here

2019

All notes are recorded in Google Docs here

The COR subgroup notes are recorded in Google Docs here

2018

Archives notes are recorded in Google Docs here

2017

2016

Prior to 2016

September 26, 2017

All notes are recorded in Google Docs here