ESIP Program Committee [formerly known as ExCom][edit | edit source]
Members[edit | edit source]
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Helen Conover, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Mike Daniels, Chair, Governance
- Matt Mayernik, Chair, Data Stewardship
- Shelley Olds, Chair, Education
- Rich Signell, Chair, IT & I
- TBD, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Beth Huffer, Chair, Semantic Technologies
Activities[edit | edit source]
Telecons[edit | edit source]
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, Feb 14, 3 pm EDT
Webinar Information[edit | edit source]
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. tps://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Working notes are on a Google Doc on the Program Committee Slack channel: 
- Approval of February Minutes
- President's Report
- JPL ESIP seminar: A 2 hour event was held on February 22 at JPL to showcase presentations made at the ESIP 2017 Winter meeting. The audience was primarily Earth Science data system technologists. Emily gave an introduction and overview of ESIP, followed by several talks given by various JPLers who attended the meeting and gave oral or poster presentations at the meeting.
- ESIP response to NSF RFI on Future Needs for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure: Response must be submitted by April 5. Loomio and google doc are being used to draft and discuss a collective response. Draft was due March 10. Next step is for staff to synthesize for review before submission.
- ESIP Board Meeting: First 2017 ESIP Board Meeting was held on March 2. Board officers were elected: Chair-Emily; Treasurer-Helen; Secretary-Christine. Financial report included a successful FY16 audit. Nomination Committee was approved (Chair-Tracey Pilone, Sophie Hou, Doug Fils, Karl Benedict, Pat Leahy). Near term focus: ESIP policies, processes and producers.
- Kudos: new ESIP website looks great.
- Staff Report
- Program Committee Reports
- Data Stewardship - Committee plan draft
- Prepping for the next iteration of FUNding Friday in Bloomington
- IT&I Tech Dive Webinar Series
- Products & Services
- Semantic Technology
- Other collaboration area highlights?
- Other Business
- Program Committee Charter
- Program Committee 2017 Plan
- Success stories
Tabled[edit | edit source]
- “How to talk about ESIP” ideas and how to grow ESIP ambassadors
- How to document ESIP success stories - there is a technical and programmatic effort. As easy as tagging posts with #esipfed or some other hashtag, but then what do we do all the tagged content, where do we consolidate that, is that how we want to proceed with capturing success stories - let's think about this
- NOAA has some existing framework resources on this, EarthCube is also using NOAA's work on this.
Telecon Minutes[edit | edit source]
2016 Work Plan[edit | edit source]
Past ExCom Workspaces[edit | edit source]
To see prior year work plans and links