Program Committee

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 12:08, August 9, 2016 by Erinmr (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)

Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation

Members

  • Emily Law, President
  • Christine White, Vice President
  • Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
  • Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
  • Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
  • Bob Arko, Type I Rep
  • Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
  • Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
  • Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
  • LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
  • Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
  • Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
  • Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
  • Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies

Activities

Telecons

2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern

Next Telecon, August 9, 3 pm EDT
Webinar Information

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (312) 757-3121

Access Code: 411-606-165

Agenda
  1. Approval of June Minutes
  2. President's Report
    • Highlights
      • Summer Meeting: Thank you all very much for a fun and successful summer meeting. Many very positive and complimentary remarks overall were received. Look forward to hearing the post-meeting survey debrief.
    • Actions
      • 2017 Theme: Looking ahead, it’s time to start thinking about theme for next ESIP year. The Visioneers will restart this Wednesday. Any suggestions and input for them to work with?
      • International Week: Expect a strong ESIP presence throughout the week (Sept 11-17). If there will be an exhibit hall, ESIP will be part of it. This google doc is to coordinate all our activities (e.g., co-hosting a RDA workshop on hackathons how-to, Christine will be a speaker at the International Data Forum, Emily, Rama and others will be presenters or panelists in various SciDataCon sessions). Please add events that you will participate and the ones that you are aware of.
      • Communication: As we recognize that communication as being central to all aspects of ESIP (e.g., how to talk about ESIP internally and externally), improving the effectiveness of our communication will be valuable to ESIP. We are exploring training classes that can benefit the leadership team. If you are interested in participating, please let me know.
  3. Staff Report
    • Great meeting. Reminder to provide feedback by end of this week w/ link emailed
    • Follow-up from workshop - initial draft report and timeline
    • AIST evaluations have started, call for 2017 student fellows will go out by the end of August.
  4. Committee Reports
    • C&B
      • Nothing to report. Scheduling a catch-up discussion with Erin on C&B issues resulting from the pre-summer meeting workshop.
    • Finance
      • Met in Durham; planned finalizing process documents to go into C&B's ESIP document repository.
      • Sent to committee/working group chairs FY17 request for budgets.
    • Partnership - Partnership is getting ready to review a fall membership application class (four new applicants) for assembly review by late Sept. and voting by Oct. In addition, this committee is also drafting strawman for the new ESIP Member Handbook. Stay tuned for updates and opportunities for review.
    • Data Stewardship - We are creating a web page in which to list our committee's publications. Work on a paper concerning lessons learned from identifier utilization continues. During our June call, Catherine Jones (Software Engineering Group Leader from Scientific Computing Department at the Science and Technology Facilities Council) presented about software citation.
    • Education
      • Workshop was a success. We were thrilled that two of our educators were FUNding Friday winners.
      • We're considering getting set up on Open Science Framework to work with educators on the e-book.
      • Shelley Olds, with help from Soren Scott, presented to ~35 mostly curriculum specialists at NSTA's STEM summit in Denver last month.
      • Shelley Olds and Margaret Mooney both submitted AGU abstracts documenting our efforts.
      • Made a broad invitation to our group for new initiatives that support ESIP's strategic goals. Will be preparing our budget over the next month.
    • IT&I
    • Nominations - The committee has been established, and preliminary discussions have started for some positions. The committee will be working with staff and leadership of ESIP and FES for determination of what positions related to the board need to elected this cycle. If you are a committee chair, expect to hear from one of the committee members soon about your committee.
    • Products & Services - testbed governance roadmap and discussion points developed (on hold for the overall ESIP restructuring discussions & outcomes).
    • Semantic Technology - Working on a community roadmap with external partners and Springer publishing
  5. Type Rep Reports
  6. Other Business

Tabled

Telecon Minutes

Draft Excom Minutes
Approved Excom Minutes

2016 Work Plan

Past ExCom Workspaces

To see prior year work plans and links