Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Bob Arko, Type I Rep
- Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
- Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
- Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
- Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, June 14, 3 pm EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
- Approval of May Minutes
- President's Report
- The Foundation for Earth Science: FES board meeting was held on April 29, 2016. It covered ESIP report (sponsors visit, summer meeting, endorsement of “Open Data in Big Data World”, ESIP evaluation), Foundation/ESIP organization structure update, finance report and ESIP Director report (proposals, letter of collaboration, staff update and training, near term activities).
- Open, Public, Electronic and Necessary (OPEN) Government Data Act: The Center for Data Innovation (CDI) was seeking co-signers in their letter of support for this legislation to be introduced into the U.S. House and Senate. Upon reviewing the proposed legislation and summary, the FES board members unanimously voted in favor to support this bill. The proposal, summary and support letter can be found at: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_2czh6FTo34OE1HTWE1OXlodk0. CDI published a press release regarding the letter of support.
- JPL new leadership: Michael M. Watkins, the Clare Cockrell Williams Centennial Chair in Aerospace Engineering and Director of the Center for Space Research at The University of Texas at Austin, and a former leader at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, has been appointed to serve as Director of JPL and Vice President at Caltech effective July 1, 2016.
- Staff Report
- Erin - May 24 Erin attended the Open Data Round Table supporting the Climate activities of Data.gov (data.gov/open-data-roundtables/) and the AGU Data Management Maturity Model Advisory Board. AGU is very pleased with ESIP's support for outreach. We have obtained meeting sponsorship from Esri and UCAR - thanks! FES Finance Committee has started the FY17 budget preparation. There will be a call for Committee budgets coming. ESIP Evaluation survey is out. Please share with your group!
- Annie B. -
- Rebecca -
- Dan -
- Annie K. - Working on the final details of the 2016 Summer Meeting and starting the logistics for the 2017 Winter Meeting.
- Make Summer travel plans. Contact Annie K.
- Contribute to the AGU Data Blog - contact Rebecca
- Use the ImHere App on your next Telecon!
- Committee Reports
- Data Stewardship
- We are wrapping up plans for our 1-day educator's workshop in Durham.
- Products & Services
- Held the joint EarthCube/ESIP Software Assessment workshop (June 1-3 2016, Boulder, CO). Strong interest in continuing those collaborations from both sides and on ESIP taking the lead for recommended practices/directed guidance to support EC's higher level goals and the broader geo/earth science communities. EC report will be available by their July AH meeting; ESIP's following the summer meeting (as part of the larger community activities this year).
- Starting discussions on evolving the testbed within ESIP, both from the governance perspective and supporting different types of activities.
- Semantic Technology
- Type Rep Reports
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Other Business
- GEO Program Committee Report - Kathy
- 2017 Theme Discussion?
- Any other business?
2016 Work Plan
Past ExCom Workspaces
To see prior year work plans and links