Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Bob Arko, Type I Rep
- Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
- Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
- Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
- Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, February 9, 3 pm EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
- Approval of April Minutes
- President's Report
- The Foundation for Earth Science: FES board meeting was held on April 29, 2016. It covered ESIP report (sponsors visit, summer meeting, endorsement of “Open Data in Big Data World”, ESIP evaluation), Foundation/ESIP organization structure update, finance report and ESIP Director report (proposals, letter of collaboration, staff update and training, near term activities).
- Open, Public, Electronic and Necessary (OPEN) Government Data Act: The Center for Data Innovation was seeking co-signers in their letter of support for this legislation to be introduced into the U.S. House and Senate. Upon reviewing the proposed legislation and summary, the FES board members unanimously voted in favor to support this bill. The proposal, summary and support letter can be found at: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_2czh6FTo34OE1HTWE1OXlodk0
- JPL new leadership: Michael M. Watkins, the Clare Cockrell Williams Centennial Chair in Aerospace Engineering and Director of the Center for Space Research at The University of Texas at Austin, and a former leader at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, has been appointed to serve as Director of JPL and Vice President at Caltech effective July 1, 2016.
- Staff Report
- Erin - Evaluation is going well. Interviews are in progress and survey questions need review. Survey will go out next week. Last quarter was a heavy fundraising/proposal writing quarter. We submitted two proposals for basic ESIP support + Testbed work, co-I on three NSF proposals that would utilize ESIP framework and wrote 9 letters of support. Confirmed two of three plenary speakers - Ben Preston, ORNL, Ellen Prager, Earth2Ocean and Jon Marino (To Be Confirmed).
- Annie B. - Working on membership database; Next round of evaluation testbed will kick-off in July; Summer Meeting draft schedule is posted.
- Rebecca - Developing a Communication Strategy; AGU Data Blog (looking for contributing authors)
- Dan - Migrated ESIP to GoToMeeting; Working on the ImHere Check-in System. This is ready for use on ESIP telecons to begin familiarizing with tool.
- Annie K. - Recovering well! Back to work on Summer Meeting logistics.
- Review Survey Q's and add others interested in knowing about.
- Review Summer Meeting Schedule
- Committee Reports
- Data Stewardship
- Held our second of two webinars on using recreational drones for STEM on April 26. ~25 participants.
- 14 of our 15 workshop slots were snapped up within a day of the second Webinar. We'll cap registration at 20.
- Our strategic plan was finalized and posted.
- Added our suggestions/lessons learned to the Policies and Procedures listing, and added a category tag of "PoliciesAndProcedures" (this tag can be changed, but I thought it was a good idea to start with something)
- Waiting on discussion with ESIP President about establishing the next NomCom chair and committee
- Products & Services
- Released the Spring 2016 RFP.
- Drafting ESIP Testbed and RFP Policies and Procedures
- Co-organizing an ESIP/EarthCube Software Assessment Workshop (June, Boulder, CO) and will provide report out from that activity as well as incorporate assessment feedback into the ESIP software evaluation guidelines as part of that ongoing activity.
- Semantic Technology
- Type Rep Reports
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III - Met May 5 for first Type 3 telecon. Small, but productive call. Organizing a type gathering at ESIP Summer and hope to have a more formal activity at the Winter Meeting.
- Other Business
- GEO Program Committee Report - Kathy
- Member Map - Christine/Annie B
- Any other business?
2016 Work Plan
Past ExCom Workspaces
To see prior year work plans and links