Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Bob Arko, Type I Rep
- Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
- Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
- Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
- Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, June 14, 3 pm EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
- Approval of May Minutes
- President's Report
- ESIP Evaluation: Bernuth and Williamson (B&W) held 2 telecons with the staff, Erin, Foundation for Earth Science Board members (Karl, Bill, Ken) and me to discuss organizational capacity. The conversations covered ESIP aspirations and strategy, current organization structure and skills, business model and processes in place. The discussion would help B&W start a straw-person governance framework in preparation for the upcoming pre-ESIP meeting workshop in which we will review evaluation results and work towards a consolidated ESIP/Foundation structure.
- Understanding Risk (UR) Forum 2016: I attended the fourth global forum of the UR Community held in May in Venice Italy. UR is a global community of practitioners interested in the field of disaster risk assessment and communication, largely targeting the development countries/regions. Many good presentations were given along with discussions on how to deal with risk in various aspects ( technological, scientific, political and social). The UR community shares some of the same key challenges we are facing (e.g., diverse data source, users, etc). There are synergies between us. I plan to follow up with contacts that might lead to future collaboration opportunities.
- OSTP RFI: OSTP is requesting input on the 2017 National Plan for Civil Earth Observations on 10 specific questions. The Foundation Board is currently documenting response to those questions. A draft will be available for ExCom to review and comment between June 24 and June 29. Final response will be submitted to OSTP by July 1st.
- Staff Report
- Erin - May 24 Erin attended the Open Data Round Table supporting the Climate activities of Data.gov (data.gov/open-data-roundtables/) and the AGU Data Management Maturity Model Advisory Board. AGU is very pleased with ESIP's support for outreach. We have obtained meeting sponsorship from Esri and UCAR - thanks! FES Finance Committee has started the FY17 budget preparation. There will be a call for Committee budgets coming. ESIP Evaluation survey is out. Please share with your group!
- Annie B. -
- Rebecca -
- Dan -
- Annie K. - Working on the final details of the 2016 Summer Meeting and starting the logistics for the 2017 Winter Meeting.
- Make Summer travel plans. Contact Annie K.
- Contribute to the AGU Data Blog - contact Rebecca
- Use the ImHere App on your next Telecon!
- Committee Reports
- Data Stewardship
- We are wrapping up plans for our 1-day educator's workshop in Durham.
- Products & Services
- Held the joint EarthCube/ESIP Software Assessment workshop (June 1-3 2016, Boulder, CO). Strong interest in continuing those collaborations from both sides and on ESIP taking the lead for recommended practices/directed guidance to support EC's higher level goals and the broader geo/earth science communities. EC report will be available by their July AH meeting; ESIP's following the summer meeting (as part of the larger community activities this year).
- Starting discussions on evolving the testbed within ESIP, both from the governance perspective and supporting different types of activities.
- Semantic Technology
- Type Rep Reports
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Other Business
- GEO Program Committee Report - Kathy
- 2017 Theme Discussion?
- Any other business?
2016 Work Plan
Past ExCom Workspaces
To see prior year work plans and links