Products and Services
Chair: Soren Scott
Per Section V.2.1 of the ESIP Federation Bylaws, the Standing Committee for Earth Science Products and Services carries out the following:
- encourages the development, use and improvement of best science practices to ensure the quality, usability, and breadth of data and resultant information, products, and services;
- provides a Federation-wide forum for defining, developing and evaluating requirements for Federation Earth science products; and
- provides a Federation-wide forum for defining, developing and evaluating requirements for product services and user services.
Products and Services carries out this mission by soliciting for and supporting projects through the ESIP Testbed and also through the FUNding Friday mechanism.
The Products and Services group has a regular monthly telecon (currently) on 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2 pm EST.
To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click: https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/580593221
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311
Access Code: 580-593-221
Committee E-mail List
- 2015 P&S highlights, slide 18 on State of the Federation, Winter Meeting 2016, presentation
- 2014 P&S highlights, slide 12 on ESIP 202 presentation
- 2013 highlights/report given at the 2014 Winter ESIP Federation Meeting
Meeting & Telecon Minutes:
Please see the P&S Telecon Minutes page.
The purpose of the Products and Services Testbed is to provide an environment where innovations in prototype standards, services, protocols, and best practices can be explored and evaluated. The testbed serves as a forum for innovative collaboration across all sectors of the Federation to improve availability and access to our member products and services for mutual benefit.
Projects deployed in the Testbed are proposed through response to the Testbed RFP or FUNding Friday activities. Testbed project proposals are reviewed by the Testbed Configuration Board.
Topics of Interest
- Testbed Projects & RFP
- Documentation, Lifecycle, and ESIP Utilization of Testbed Projects
- FUNding Friday - see FUNding Friday Projects
- Metadata for data quality, services, and provenance
- Peer-reviewed datasets
- Permanent dataset names, parameter names, registries, and identifiers
- Client access to catalogs
- Service quality
- Data Quality
- Avoiding Duplicate Metadata Records
- Federation Inventory