Products and Services
Chair: Christine White, Esri
The Products and Services group has a regular monthly telecon (currently) on 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2 pm EST.
The telecon call-in information for these meetings are below:
- Dial: 1-877-668-4493
- Access Code: 23133897 #
Committee E-mail List
- 2014 P&S highlights, slide 12 on ESIP 202 presentation
- 2013 highlights/report given at the 2014 Winter ESIP Federation Meeting
Meeting & Telecon Minutes:
Please see the P&S Telecon Minutes page.
The purpose of the Products and Services Testbed is to provide an environment where innovations in prototype standards, services, protocols, and best practices can be explored and evaluated. The testbed serves as a forum for innovative collaboration across all sectors of the Federation to improve availability and access to our member products and services for mutual benefit.
Projects deployed in the Testbed are proposed through response to the Testbed RFP or FUNding Friday activities. Testbed project proposals are reviewed by the Testbed Configuration Board.
Topics of Interest
- Testbed Projects & RFP
- Documentation, Lifecycle, and ESIP Utilization of Testbed Projects
- FUNding Friday
- Metadata for data quality, services, and provenance
- Peer-reviewed datasets
- Permanent dataset names, parameter names, registries, and identifiers
- Client access to catalogs
- Service quality
- Data Quality
- Avoiding Duplicate Metadata Records
- Federation Inventory