Products and Services
Chair: Christine White, Esri
The Products and Services group has a regular monthly telecon (currently) on 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2 pm EST.
Next Meeting: Tue, March 18, 2pm – 3pm Eastern The telecon call-in information for these meetings are below:
- Dial: 1-877-668-4493
- Access Code: 23140358 #
The purpose of the Products and Services Testbed is to provide an environment where innovations in prototype standards, services, protocols, and best practices can be explored and evaluated. The testbed serves as a forum for innovative collaboration across all sectors of the Federation to improve availability and access to our member products and services for mutual benefit.
Projects deployed in the Testbed are proposed through response to the Testbed RFP or FUNding Friday activities. Testbed project proposals are reviewed by the Testbed Configuration Board.
See this page for ESIP Testbed Projects & Resources
Committee E-mail List
Meeting & Telecon Minutes:
Please see the P&S Telecon Minutes page.
Topics of Interest
- Testbed Projects & RFP
- Documentation, Lifecycle, and ESIP Utilization of Testbed Projects
- FUNding Friday Revamp
- Improving metadata compliance within ESIP Federation
- Metadata for data quality, services, and provenance
- Representation of versioning
- Peer-reviewed datasets
- Permanent dataset names, parameter names, registries, and identifiers
- Metadata harvesting and exchange and associated catalog services
- Client access to catalogs
- Service quality
- Data Quality
- Avoiding Duplicate Metadata Records
- Federation Inventory