From Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
Back to Preservation and Stewardship
- OAIS (Open Archival Information System): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Archival_Information_System
- OAIS-based standards
- CCSDS 650.0-M-2: Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS) (Equivalent to ISO 14721:2012) - CCSDS sponsored ISO standard. This Recommended Practice is the current OAIS Reference Model. The current issue includes clarifications to many concepts, in particular, Authenticity with the concept of Transformational Information Property introduced; corrections and improvements in diagrams; addition of Access Rights Information to PDI."
- Preservation Metadata Implementation Strategies (PREMIS) - preservation metadata standard developed by joint RLG-OCLC group and maintained by the Library of Congress
- CCSDS 651.0-B-1: Producer - Archive Interface Methodology Abstract Standard (ISO 14721:2006) - CCSDS sponsored ISO standard "to identify, define and provide structure to the relationships and interactions between an information Producer and an Archive."
- Requirements for Bodies Providing Audit and Certification of Digital Repositories - in development under CCSDS auspices for submission as an ISO standard in May/June 2009
- Metrics for Digital Repository Audit and Certification - in development under CCSDS auspices for submission as an ISO standard in May/June 2009
- Data Identification Standards (NOTE: Several members of this cluster are working on a paper that assesses the utility of these standards for earth science. If the proposal to the Federation for a testbed is funded, we may get to actually test these out!)
- The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) is an international standard for describing data from the social, behavioral, and economic sciences. Expressed in XML, the DDI metadata specification supports the entire research data life cycle. DDI metadata accompanies and enables data conceptualization, collection, processing, distribution, discovery, analysis, repurposing, and archiving (http://ddi.icpsr.umich.edu/what)