This wiki website is devoted to the preparation for a proposal 'Air Quality Observatory (AQO) Prototype', NSF solicitation: Cyberinfrastructure for Environmental Observatories. This experiment in open collaborative proposal writing is facilitated by the ESIP wiki; their support is appreciated. To participate, click on "create account or log in" in the upper right corner and you can begin to create or edit pages and discuss items by clicking the edit tab. To practice editing, take a few minutes playing in the Sandbox. A good way to start is by scanning and possibly contributing to the Discussion on the 12 NSF Requirements stated in the solicitation. For questions or problems, please contact the moderator.
- Project Summary
- NSF and Related Projects
- Technical Merit
- Broader Impact
- Impact on Cyberinfrastructure
- Impact on Air Quality Management
- Impact on Atmospheric Science
- Project Description: Air Quality Observatory (AQO) - Jan 22, Very rough draft
- Infrastructure for Sharing AQ Data, Services and Tools
- Current Infrastructure
- Extending Current Infrastructure
- New Activities Extending the Infrastructure
- Protoype Air Quality Observatory
- Extending Current Prototype
- New Prototyping Activities
- Cross-Cutting Use Cases for Prototype Demonstration
- Observatory Guiding Principles, Governance, Personnel
- Activity Schedule
- References Cited
- Biographical Sketches
- Collaborators and Other Personnel
- Env. Observatories
- Example Challenges
- More NSF Guidance
- NSF Requirements
Please comment on any of the 12 NSF Requirements - this blog will be harvested for proposal ideas.
Jan 12,06: 1st team coord.
Jan 16,06: prop wiki ready!
Jan 19,06: support letter req.
Jan 20,06: first full draft 0.1
Jan 23,06: subcontr, budgets
Jan 23,06: draft 0.8,
Jan 23-25: complete & polish
Jan 25,06: Due date
Proposal in a Nutshell:
Topic: Air Quality Observatory (AQO): Protoype based on Modular Service-based Infrastructure
IT Infrastructure: Standard Data & Tools Sharing || Orchestration of Distributed Apps || Communication, Cooperation, Coord.
AQO Prototype: DataFed extensions || THREDDS extensions || DataFEd/THEDDS fusion || Link to GIS || Community work space
Use Cases:Realtime AQ Event Detection, Analysis and Response || Intracontinental Transport || Midwest Nitrate Mystery
Management:CAPITA/Unidata, Collaborators Team || Multi-agency and Project Particpation || ESIP Facilitation