Minutes from AQ Cluster Session
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Back to: Air_Quality_Session:_17th_Federation_meeting_highlights
These notes are a partial recording, please add to this. (Help editing the wiki )
July 19, 2006 1:30 - 3pm
- Introduction: Cluster has met 4 times. This meeting has an emphasis on collaborating between sessions.
- Cluster brings together different groups of people (data providers to users)
- Cluster Database
- Cluster contributor to Earth Information Exchange
- Pilot Project
- Collaboration and identify areas of overlap.
- Wiki: Air_Quality_Cluster
- Cluster background
- Cluster Summary - Bold items are in the cluster database. (If your name isn't on this list under Federation Participans and should be you can edit the wiki.) This is also a "container" and it should be added to by this group.
- Resources - Meetings, presentations. Place for collecting resources.
- Interactions facilitated by the ESIP AQ Cluster - Discussion of each of the listings.
- Cluster resource available and again it's editable by the entire community.
- Earth Information Exchange on Geospatial One Stop (gen login:esipfed/pw: discover)
- Wildfire application - provides page where domain specific applications can be highlighted.
- Question Martha Maiden - vision of portal?
- Stefan Falke - Work on describe and register the applications on portal and use EIE to highlight the ones that are AQ relevant. EIE another view/perspective to GOS or other catalog, simpler interface. Provide a jumping point to different applications ("mash-ups")
- Question Brian Wilson - Technical limitations with portal?
- (fill in response)
- Frank - Create portal for pool AQ resources. AirNOW example of collaboration of interagency work delivering near-realtime data.
- Goddard DAAC - google-like search interface.