March 25, 2011
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Gregory Leptoukh (NASA GSFC)
- Peter Grimm (NOAA)
- Erin Robinson (ESIP Fed)
- Joanne Nightingale (NASA GSFC)
- Bruce Barkstrom (Independent)
- Siri-Jodha Khalsa (NSIDC)
- Ted Habermann (NOAA)
- Hook Hua (JPL)
- Preparation for the Summer EIP Meeting in Santa Fe: ESIP Summer 2011 Meeting
- Main topics to discuss at the summer meeting - which ones are the most important?
- Breakout sessions – how many?
- Identify reps of various research and application communities for:
- their understanding and requirements for quality
- methodology they use to assess and quantify data quality
- Communities: SST, Ocean color, Precipitation, Atm Chemistry, Land, Modeling, Applications (e.g., Air Quality),...
- How and when for IQ telecons
- One main topic per telecon (presentation via WebEx)
- Every other Friday at 2:30 pm Eastern time (have been told that Fridays are on half hour somehow...
- Peter G.: represents an OMB view on the "Influential" aspect Information Quality. Quoting NOAA Information Quality guidelines: "Influential information means information the agency reasonably can determine will have or does have a clear and substantial impact on important public policies or private sector decisions."
- Bruce B: suggested to address how to address probability uncertainty in climate change forecast and how it affects risk management.
- Joanne N. volunteered to represent the land community
- Siri-Jodha: asked if we are limiting ourselves to Remote Sensing (RS) data. Greg's answer: "yes".
- Bruce B: suggested to use the nine GEOSS Societal Benefit Areas (SBAs): Agriculture, Biodiversity, Climate, Disasters, Ecosystems, Energy, Health, Water, and Weather to represent broad communities (to start with).
- Hook H.: Quality Taxonomy as a start for Data Quality ontology exercise at the Summer meeting.
- Siri-Jodha and Ted H. discussed whether the ISO quality standard can be used now.
- Greg L: is Friday good for this telecon? Answers: JPL has every other Friday off - need to figure out which Friday to choose :-)
- All: by Apr 1 identify potential speakers
- All: identify main D&IQ topics for the summer meeting
- All: reach out to different communities and identify reps
- Hook and Greg: setup a page for collecting and aliasing quality-related terms