Main Page/Start here
This is the test page for the "Best Practices for data Publication" - a successor of the Editor's Roundtable
Statement of work
"Best Practices for data Publication" is an effort to facilitate and foster communication and knowledge exchange among editors and publishers of Earth Science journals and Earth Science data facilities with the goal to develop, implement, and promote guidelines and best practices for scholarly publishing with particular emphasis on the publication of data in support of open access policies.
The “best practices” will include standards for:
- Archiving and curating data sets;
- Setting references and identifiers;
- Linking them to publications;
- Integrating with emerging data citation practices and bibliometrics for data;
- Complying with interoperability standards.