June 28, 2011

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 13:50, June 28, 2011 by Olegaulov (talk | contribs) (Created page with "Glen Rotlich and Markus - negative results Gregg Leptoukh - hasn't realized that SPG is part of ..,. Garry White Discuss the agenda of the meeting and the break out groups in ...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Glen Rotlich and Markus - negative results Gregg Leptoukh - hasn't realized that SPG is part of ..,. Garry White


Discuss the agenda of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.

Garry - Problem with JPL - everything has to go through document review, can talk about ISO and ISO quality

Greg Stensas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.

Gregg will be talking on Wednesday at a planetary session.

Chris Linus is talking about quality at SPG.

Garry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata. Garry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.

Carol - One of the four people from Neon should present.

CMAP

Garry White - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.


Garry - before the semantic web session we need to get a few speakers to fill the 45 minutes, possibly the speakers will be from the session that ends prior to that.


Garry - Ted Haberman is doing a workshop on tuesday, garry is plannng to ask Ted to do something on thursday as well.


Garry - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.


Gregg Leptoukh - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.


Gregg - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.

Carol - contacted Steve and will post it on wiki once he emails back. ???


Gregg will participate in SPG to see what is NASA take on the issue.


Greg - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?


Carol - 3 talks in the planetary. Bill Mitchner - Data 1, LTER used qual measures.


Carol emailed NEON and...?

Gregg will send a message to Tedd Heggerman, also contact Gregg Stensas tell him we expect him on thursday and during Planetary talks.