Difference between revisions of "June 28, 2011"

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
* Carol Meyer (ESIP)
 
* Carol Meyer (ESIP)
 
* Erin Robinson (ESIP)
 
* Erin Robinson (ESIP)
* Barry White
+
* Barry Weiss (JPL)
  
 
== Agenda  ==
 
== Agenda  ==
Line 14: Line 14:
 
== Notes ==
 
== Notes ==
 
* Discuss the agenda  of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
 
* Discuss the agenda  of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
** Barry - JPL policy require that everything has to go through document review, can talk about ISO and ISO quality. Barry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.
+
** Barry - JPL policy requires that everything go through document review. Barry can talk about ISO and ISO quality if desirable. Barry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.
** Carol - 3 talks in the plenary. Greg Stensas will give overview of multiple quality definitions, Bill Michener - Data 1, LTER used qual measures, Panel discussion quality needs across various communities.  
+
** Carol - 3 talks in the plenary. Greg Stensaas will give overview of multiple quality definitions, Bill Michener - DataONE, LTER use of quality measures, Panel discussion quality needs across various communities.  
** Carol contacted some of plenary speakers to engage in IQ session. Glen Rutledge and Nick Mangus - will leave before Thursday and not able to participate
+
** Carol contacted some of plenary speakers to engage in IQ session. Glenn Rutledge and Nick Mangus - will leave before Thursday and not able to participate. Kerstin Lenhert still pending.
** Greg - Semantic web/IQ session will be before the semantic web session we need to get a few speakers to fill the 45 minutes, possibly the speakers will be from the session that ends prior to that.
+
** Erin - Perhaps Unidata for precipitation? (Mohan Ramamurthy or someone he recommends?)
** Carol - One of the four people from Neon should present.
+
** Greg L. - Unidata is a broker, not really a specific community representative
** Barry White - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.
+
** Greg L. - Semantic web/IQ session will be before the community needs session and won't have an idea of use cases until after.
** Barry - Ted Haberman is doing a workshop on tuesday, Greg is plannng to ask Ted to do something on thursday as well.
+
** Carol - One of the four people from NEON should present.
** Greg - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?
+
** Barry Weiss - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.
 +
** Barry - Ted Habermann is doing a quality workshop on Tuesday, Greg is plannng to ask Ted to do something on Thursday as well.
 +
** Greg L. - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?
 
** Rob - Bruce Barkstrom?  
 
** Rob - Bruce Barkstrom?  
  
 
* SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
 
* SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
** Greg Stensas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.
+
** Greg Stensaas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.
 
** Greg S. will also be talking on Wednesday at a plenary session.
 
** Greg S. will also be talking on Wednesday at a plenary session.
** Chris Lynnes and Barry White are talking about quality at SPG.
+
** Chris Lynnes and Barry Weiss are talking about quality at SPG
** Greg and Barry will participate in SPG  
+
** Greg L. and Barry will participate in SPG  
  
 
* ISO Data Quality Discussion  
 
* ISO Data Quality Discussion  
 
** Barry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata.
 
** Barry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata.
** Greg - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.
+
** Greg L. - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.
** Barry - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.
+
** Barry - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.
  
 
* Actions
 
* Actions
** Greg - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.  
+
** Greg L. - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.  
** Greg will send a message to Ted Haberman, also contact Gregg Stensas tell him we expect him on thursday and ask to mention during plenary talks.
+
** Greg will send a message to Ted Habermann, also contact Gregg Stensas to invite him for Thursday's discussion to ask him to participate in the conversation about QA4EO.  
** Carol - contacted Steve for NASA quality and will post it on wiki once he emails back. ???
+
** Carol - contacted Steve Berrick for NASA quality guidelines and will post it on wiki once it is received.  
** Carol emailed NEON and...?
+
** Carol emailed NEON too about possibly speaker.

Latest revision as of 09:04, June 30, 2011

Participants

  • Gregory Leptoukh (NASA GSFC)
  • Oleg Aulov (UMBC)
  • Carol Meyer (ESIP)
  • Erin Robinson (ESIP)
  • Barry Weiss (JPL)

Agenda

  • Discuss the agenda of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
  • SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
  • ISO Data Quality Discussion
  • Actions

Notes

  • Discuss the agenda of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
    • Barry - JPL policy requires that everything go through document review. Barry can talk about ISO and ISO quality if desirable. Barry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.
    • Carol - 3 talks in the plenary. Greg Stensaas will give overview of multiple quality definitions, Bill Michener - DataONE, LTER use of quality measures, Panel discussion quality needs across various communities.
    • Carol contacted some of plenary speakers to engage in IQ session. Glenn Rutledge and Nick Mangus - will leave before Thursday and not able to participate. Kerstin Lenhert still pending.
    • Erin - Perhaps Unidata for precipitation? (Mohan Ramamurthy or someone he recommends?)
    • Greg L. - Unidata is a broker, not really a specific community representative
    • Greg L. - Semantic web/IQ session will be before the community needs session and won't have an idea of use cases until after.
    • Carol - One of the four people from NEON should present.
    • Barry Weiss - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.
    • Barry - Ted Habermann is doing a quality workshop on Tuesday, Greg is plannng to ask Ted to do something on Thursday as well.
    • Greg L. - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?
    • Rob - Bruce Barkstrom?
  • SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
    • Greg Stensaas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.
    • Greg S. will also be talking on Wednesday at a plenary session.
    • Chris Lynnes and Barry Weiss are talking about quality at SPG
    • Greg L. and Barry will participate in SPG
  • ISO Data Quality Discussion
    • Barry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata.
    • Greg L. - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.
    • Barry - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.
  • Actions
    • Greg L. - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.
    • Greg will send a message to Ted Habermann, also contact Gregg Stensas to invite him for Thursday's discussion to ask him to participate in the conversation about QA4EO.
    • Carol - contacted Steve Berrick for NASA quality guidelines and will post it on wiki once it is received.
    • Carol emailed NEON too about possibly speaker.