Difference between revisions of "June 28, 2011"

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
* Carol Meyer (ESIP)
 
* Carol Meyer (ESIP)
 
* Erin Robinson (ESIP)
 
* Erin Robinson (ESIP)
* Gary White
+
* Barry Weiss (JPL)
  
 
== Agenda  ==
 
== Agenda  ==
 +
* Discuss the agenda  of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
 +
* SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
 +
* ISO Data Quality Discussion
 +
* Actions
  
 
== Notes ==
 
== Notes ==
 +
* Discuss the agenda  of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
 +
** Barry - JPL policy requires that everything go through document review. Barry can talk about ISO and ISO quality if desirable. Barry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.
 +
** Carol - 3 talks in the plenary. Greg Stensaas will give overview of multiple quality definitions, Bill Michener - DataONE, LTER use of quality measures, Panel discussion quality needs across various communities.
 +
** Carol contacted some of plenary speakers to engage in IQ session. Glenn Rutledge and Nick Mangus - will leave before Thursday and not able to participate. Kerstin Lenhert still pending.
 +
** Erin - Perhaps Unidata for precipitation? (Mohan Ramamurthy or someone he recommends?)
 +
** Greg L. - Unidata is a broker, not really a specific community representative
 +
** Greg L. - Semantic web/IQ session will be before the community needs session and won't have an idea of use cases until after.
 +
** Carol - One of the four people from NEON should present.
 +
** Barry Weiss - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.
 +
** Barry - Ted Habermann is doing a quality workshop on Tuesday, Greg is plannng to ask Ted to do something on Thursday as well.
 +
** Greg L. - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?
 +
** Rob - Bruce Barkstrom?
  
Glen Rotlich and Markus - negative results
+
* SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
Gregg Leptoukh - hasn't realized that SPG is part of ..,.
+
** Greg Stensaas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.
Garry White
+
** Greg S. will also be talking on Wednesday at a plenary session.
 +
** Chris Lynnes and Barry Weiss are talking about quality at SPG
 +
** Greg L. and Barry will participate in SPG
  
 +
* ISO Data Quality Discussion
 +
** Barry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata.
 +
** Greg L. - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.
 +
** Barry - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.
  
Discuss the agenda  of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
+
* Actions
 
+
** Greg L. - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.  
Garry - Problem with JPL - everything has to go through document review, can talk about ISO and ISO quality
+
** Greg will send a message to Ted Habermann, also contact Gregg Stensas to invite him for Thursday's discussion to ask him to participate in the conversation about QA4EO.
 
+
** Carol - contacted Steve Berrick for NASA quality guidelines and will post it on wiki once it is received.  
Greg Stensas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.
+
** Carol emailed NEON too about possibly speaker.
 
 
Gregg will be talking on Wednesday at a planetary session.
 
 
 
Chris Linus is talking about quality at SPG.
 
 
 
Garry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata.
 
Garry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.
 
 
 
Carol - One of the four people from Neon should present.
 
 
 
CMAP
 
 
 
Garry White - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.
 
 
 
 
 
Garry - before the semantic web session we need to get a few speakers to fill the 45 minutes, possibly the speakers will be from the session that ends prior to that.
 
 
 
 
 
Garry - Ted Haberman is doing a workshop on tuesday, garry is plannng to ask Ted to do something on thursday as well.
 
 
 
 
 
Garry - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gregg Leptoukh - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.
 
 
 
 
 
Gregg - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.  
 
 
 
Carol - contacted Steve and will post it on wiki once he emails back. ???
 
 
 
 
 
Gregg will participate in SPG to see what is NASA take on the issue.
 
 
 
 
 
Greg - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?
 
 
 
 
 
Carol - 3 talks in the planetary. Bill Mitchner  - Data 1, LTER used qual measures.
 
 
 
 
 
Carol emailed NEON and...?
 
 
 
Gregg will send a message to Tedd Heggerman, also contact Gregg Stensas tell him we expect him on thursday and during Planetary talks.
 

Latest revision as of 09:04, June 30, 2011

Participants

  • Gregory Leptoukh (NASA GSFC)
  • Oleg Aulov (UMBC)
  • Carol Meyer (ESIP)
  • Erin Robinson (ESIP)
  • Barry Weiss (JPL)

Agenda

  • Discuss the agenda of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
  • SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
  • ISO Data Quality Discussion
  • Actions

Notes

  • Discuss the agenda of the meeting and the break out groups in Santa Fe.
    • Barry - JPL policy requires that everything go through document review. Barry can talk about ISO and ISO quality if desirable. Barry is a software engineer (not a scientist per se) that generates data for scientists.
    • Carol - 3 talks in the plenary. Greg Stensaas will give overview of multiple quality definitions, Bill Michener - DataONE, LTER use of quality measures, Panel discussion quality needs across various communities.
    • Carol contacted some of plenary speakers to engage in IQ session. Glenn Rutledge and Nick Mangus - will leave before Thursday and not able to participate. Kerstin Lenhert still pending.
    • Erin - Perhaps Unidata for precipitation? (Mohan Ramamurthy or someone he recommends?)
    • Greg L. - Unidata is a broker, not really a specific community representative
    • Greg L. - Semantic web/IQ session will be before the community needs session and won't have an idea of use cases until after.
    • Carol - One of the four people from NEON should present.
    • Barry Weiss - We need someone with experience in developing ontologies.
    • Barry - Ted Habermann is doing a quality workshop on Tuesday, Greg is plannng to ask Ted to do something on Thursday as well.
    • Greg L. - Rob, any suggestions who to invite to info session?
    • Rob - Bruce Barkstrom?
  • SPG Session on Quality Tuesday Morning
    • Greg Stensaas listed on SPG agenda and should talk about SPG agenda.
    • Greg S. will also be talking on Wednesday at a plenary session.
    • Chris Lynnes and Barry Weiss are talking about quality at SPG
    • Greg L. and Barry will participate in SPG
  • ISO Data Quality Discussion
    • Barry - Quality is one of the major reasons for metadata.
    • Greg L. - Europeans don't want to use ISO because it is still too fluid and has not been improved yet.
    • Barry - Temporal Consistency in data quality - whatever ISO tells us about temporal consistency is not formulated enough, has an opinion gap that needs to be filled.
  • Actions
    • Greg L. - will try to prepare better list of quality indicators so we could have lively discussions about what community thinks about quality indicators. - For second discussion breakout.
    • Greg will send a message to Ted Habermann, also contact Gregg Stensas to invite him for Thursday's discussion to ask him to participate in the conversation about QA4EO.
    • Carol - contacted Steve Berrick for NASA quality guidelines and will post it on wiki once it is received.
    • Carol emailed NEON too about possibly speaker.