Jan 2012 Bylaw Change Election
January 2012 Approved Bylaw Changes[edit | edit source]
1. Change Type 3 Member Definition[edit | edit source]
Modified I.3.1: Category 3 ESIPs shall be engaged principally in the
development and provision of Earth science applications.development, use or dissemination of Earth science information and applications for the purpose of commercial use, decision support, outreach, advocacy, or education.
2. Define replacement criteria for binding resolutions[edit | edit source]
Add II.2.7: Any resolution imposing a binding requirement on any ESIP shall require a two-thirds approval vote of the Assembly for passage.
- Comments: This change replaces the original wording in which unanimous consent was required for resolutions that imposed requirements on its members.
3. Add new Data Stewardship Committee[edit | edit source]
Add VI.4.1: The ESIP Federation shall include a Standing Committee for Data Stewardship. Its roles are:
- a) To develop, evolve, foster, and adopt best practices and standards that ensure continued and reliable information content, quality, and usability of Earth system science data for as long as they are deemed to be of value.
- b) To facilitate the long-term preservation and stewardship of Earth system science data.
- c) To facilitate reference to and access to Earth system science data.