From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Who are example important business users and what do they want to DO with the data and why? If they were here, what three things would they tell us to focus on now?
- What trends/needs do you see, or do your users tell you about for future business uses? Where is/could this go, even if all your users are not thinking about it/asking yet?
- What are broad data needs and capabilities to support these uses? What are the gaps and opportunities? What do these needs and capabilities require of US as a community of providers?
- What are key non-IT requirements and challenges to delivering those needs/capabilities? What do WE need to do as individual resources and as a community? Examples of what we mean by non-IT: Security: that agency policy around access is unclear, or there is no incentive to work through the process for approval to get access. Don't want a discussion of gaps in joint authentication mechanisms; Discovery: that we lack a common way to describe data resources and an incentive to register them. Don't' want a discussion of UDDI vs. FDGC.
- What have we missed in this discussion? (its ok if this is just a list for parking lot lists)