ESIP Geospatial Experiment Mashup
This is the home page for the 2013 ESIP GEM Experiments.
What: Create a cross-agency geospatial data mashup. Goal: Understand the state of GIS across agencies.
- What services are supported?
- What data formats are used?
- How can you find data?
- What tools are available to interact with each agency?
As of April 2013, GEM still does not have a definite, well-defined theme. Ideally we want to answer a real research question pertaining to the National Climate Assessment.
This section lists the agencies involved with this project, and current point-of-contact within that organization.
- NASA, PoC: Ryan Boller
- SSEC, PoC: Tommy Jasmin
- JPL, PoC: Paul Ramirez
- NOAA, PoC: TBD
- USGS, PoC: TBD
- EPA, PoC: TBD
- ESRI, PoC: TBD
- OGC, PoC: TBD
- GES DISC, PoC: Wenli Yang
Technologies Under Consideration
- OSGeo-Live, an open source geospatial VM
- Apache SIS, Spatial Information System
- GeoServer, Open source, Java-based geospatial data server
- Windows Azure, Microsoft cloud platform
- Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon cloud platform
- ESRI Geoportal Server, Data discovery server
This section will hold pointers to any GEM-related documentation: presentations, implementation plans, etc.
This section will provide concise, dated status updates.
Our results, if we are successful, will contain two main sections:
- Grading the agencies - so others will have an idea who is making their geospatial data easily accessible.
- Documented recipe - so others can leverage this work for their own cross-agency geospatial mashups.