FiCom Chair & 3 Members selected to represent each ESIP Type I, II, III
Finance Committee description from the ESIP Policies & Procedures
Finance Committee Chair[edit | edit source]
The Chair of the Finance Committee (Ficom) serves on the Program Committee and as Treasurer of the Board. The Chair also convenes Finance Committee meetings to consider annual budgets for ESIP and provides oversight of operational spending.
Specific duties include:
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Manage, with the finance committee, the board's review of and action related to the board's financial responsibilities
- Work with the chief executive and the chief financial officer to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis
- Present the annual budget to the board for approval
- Review the annual audit and answer board members' questions about the audit
Chair of the Ficom spends approximately 2 hours/month on ESIP business.