The Education Committee's Monthly call is on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00 PM Eastern.
To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/577716565 Or, you can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3131 Access Code: 577-716-565
Join the ESIP Education mailing list. : receives 3 -5 messages a month.
About ESIP's Education Committee
We are an all-volunteer open committee.
- 2019-2020 Leadership
- Becky Reid - Chair
- Shelley Olds - Vice Chair
- Past Education Committee Leadership
- 2019-2020 Leadership
- Projects and plans for FY 2020
- Out to Lunch Webinar Series: Out 2 Lunch Webinar Series
Implementation plans with ESIP strategic goals, committee objective and charge; and objectives for the year mentioned:
10 minute demonstrations of cool Earth Science data tools or resources.
Project to develop a long-term loan and a lending library of instruments which includes the low-cost, high-quality, hand-held, durable, Blue-tooth enabled, and programmable multi-sensor instruments.
- ESIP Education Workshop: Putting Data to Work for Earth Science Education at 2020 ESIP Summer Meeting*
- 1pm - 5pm Tuesday July 14, 2020 & Wednesday July 15, 2020
- Working information https://2020esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/cItb/putting-data-to-work-for-earth-science-education
- Workshop Roadmap (agenda)
- Workshop resources folder
- Education sessions at 2020 ESIP Winter Meeting *
- Bethesda, MD
- Wednesday, January 9, 2020
- Session: Accelerating convergence of earth and space data in teaching and learning through participatory design
- Session: Participatory design and evaluation of a 3D-Printed Automatic Weather Station to explore hardware, software and data needs for community-driven decision making
- Meeting information https://2020esipwintermeeting.sched.com/
- Tacoma, WA
- Wednesday, July 17 2019
- Previous Workshops
- Educator's Workshop @ ESIP Summer Meeting, July 2019 - "Data in Action with Jupyter Notebooks and other Earth Science Tools"
- Tuscon, AZ
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Got a Drone? Try This! NSTA 2017 Milwaukee Area Conference, 11/9/17
- Presenter: Margaret Mooney, Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) UW-Madison
- Using Recreational Drones for STEM Explorations part of the Earth Educators' Rendezvous
- Albuquerque, NM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-11:30am, July 17-19, 2017
- Workshop resources: [2017 Drones in STEM]
- Bloomington, IN
- Thursday Jul 27, 2017
- Workshop resources available on Figshare: [Drones, Data and The Great American Eclipse Teacher Workshop 2017]
Archive & Previous Projects
- Archived Education Resources including conference posters and presentations, past initiatives, etc
ESIP Education Committee is starting a book club-style exploration of coding. The purpose is to explore the hype behind Hour of Code and other coding projects (Girls who code, etc) to find something we might harness as content for ESIP education workshops.