Committee Meetings[edit | edit source]
The Education Committee's Monthly call is on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00 PM Eastern.
To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/577716565 Or, you can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3131 Access Code: 577-716-565
- Running Meeting Notes
- Archive of Education Meeting Notes
Join the ESIP Education mailing list. : receives 3 -5 messages a month.
About ESIP's Education Committee[edit | edit source]
We are an all-volunteer open committee.
- 2019 Leadership
- Becky Reid - Chair
- Shelley Olds - Vice Chair
- Past Education Committee Leadership
- 2019 Leadership
- Projects and plans for FY 2019
- Out to Lunch Webinar Series: Out 2 Lunch Webinar Series
- Educator's Workshop @ ESIP Summer Meeting, July 2019 - "Data in Action with Jupyter Notebooks and other Earth Science Tools"
Implementation plans with ESIP strategic goals, committee objective and charge; and objectives for the year mentioned:
Get Involved[edit | edit source]
- Email List: ESIP-Education
- Email archive: ESIP-Education Email Archive
Current Projects[edit | edit source]
Out 2 Lunch Webinar Series[edit | edit source]
10 minute demonstrations of cool Earth Science data tools or resources.
Scientific Instrument Technology Long-Term Loan & Lending Library [edit | edit source]
Project to develop a long-term loan and a lending library of instruments which includes the low-cost, high-quality, hand-held, durable, Blue-tooth enabled, and programmable multi-sensor instruments.
Upcoming Workshops[edit | edit source]
- Education sessions at 2020 ESIP Winter Meeting *
- Bethesda, MD
- Wednesday, January 9, 2020
- Session: Accelerating convergence of earth and space data in teaching and learning through participatory design
- Session: Participatory design and evaluation of a 3D-Printed Automatic Weather Station to explore hardware, software and data needs for community-driven decision making
- Meeting information https://2020esipwintermeeting.sched.com/
Previous Workshops[edit | edit source]
- Tacoma, WA
- Wednesday, July 17 2019
- Previous Workshops
- Tuscon, AZ
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Got a Drone? Try This! NSTA 2017 Milwaukee Area Conference, 11/9/17
- Presenter: Margaret Mooney, Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) UW-Madison
- Using Recreational Drones for STEM Explorations part of the Earth Educators' Rendezvous
- Albuquerque, NM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-11:30am, July 17-19, 2017
- Workshop resources: [2017 Drones in STEM]
- Bloomington, IN
- Thursday Jul 27, 2017
- Workshop resources available on Figshare: [Drones, Data and The Great American Eclipse Teacher Workshop 2017]
Archive & Previous Projects[edit | edit source]
- Archived Education Resources including conference posters and presentations, past initiatives, etc
Drones in STEM[edit | edit source]
Exploration of Coding "book-club"[edit | edit source]
ESIP Education Committee is starting a book club-style exploration of coding. The purpose is to explore the hype behind Hour of Code and other coding projects (Girls who code, etc) to find something we might harness as content for ESIP education workshops.