The Education Committee's Monthly call is on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 3:00 PM Eastern.
Upcoming Meeting: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 3:00 PM Eastern
To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/577716565 Or, you can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3131 Access Code: 577-716-565
Join the ESIP Education mailing list. : receives 3 -5 messages a month.
About ESIP's Education Committee
We are an all-volunteer open committee.
- 2018 Leadership
- Shelley Olds - Chair
- Becky Reid - Vice Chair
- 2018 Leadership
- Projects and plans for FY 2018
- Out to Lunch Webinar Series: Out 2 Lunch Webinar Series
- Computing! Computing in the Classroom initiative
- Educator workshop @ ESIP Summer Meeting, July 2018 - theme Computing in the Classroom
- Educator Workshop session: Got a Drone? Try This! @ NSTA 2017 Milwaukee Area Conference
Charge to ESIP Education Committee
- The committee's purpose is to promote the use of Earth science data, information, tools, and curricula available through the ESIP Federation among educators and learners. The committee's roles are:
- To promote and facilitate the development and dissemination of educational products, information, and tools related to Earth and Space Sciences to a broad user community using the wealth of data and expertise available in the ESIP Federation
- To promote and facilitate the collaboration of ESIP members to develop educational applications of Earth science data products, information, and tools
- To provide a central organization for ESIP Federation educational materials to facilitate and standardize dissemination/distribution
- To develop collaborative relationships with other organizations involved in educational activities
10 minute demonstrations of cool Earth Science data tools or resources.
ESIP Education Committee is starting a book club-style exploration of coding. The purpose is to explore the hype behind Hour of Code and other coding projects (Girls who code, etc) to find something we might harness as content for ESIP education workshops.
Every other week, following our Out2Lunch presentations, we'll spend ~45 minutes discussing what we've learned from the week's assignment. Our first session will be this Wednesday, Nov 1, immediately following the Out2Lunch presentation. We'll continue meeting for as long (or short) as it seems useful.
- Tuscon, AZ
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Got a Drone? Try This!</spna> NSTA 2017 Milwaukee Area Conference, 11/9/17
- Presenter: Margaret Mooney (University of Wisconsin-Madison: Madison, WI)
- Using Recreational Drones for STEM Explorations part of the Earth Educators' Rendezvous
- Albuquerque, NM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-11:30am, July 17-19, 2017
- Workshop resources: [2017 Drones in STEM]
- Bloomington, IN
- Thursday Jul 27, 2017
- Workshop resources available on Figshare: [Drones, Data and The Great American Eclipse Teacher Workshop 2017]
- Archived Education Resources including conference posters and presentations, past initiatives, etc