ESIP Discovery Cluster 2011 Winter Meeting
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 15:06, December 21, 2010 by Hook (Created page with "When: Wednesday, January 5, 2011. 10:15am-12:15am. Where: ESIP 2011 Winter meeting. Room TBD. == Premise == Targeting audience who are familiar with federated discovery service...")
When: Wednesday, January 5, 2011. 10:15am-12:15am. Where: ESIP 2011 Winter meeting. Room TBD.
Targeting audience who are familiar with federated discovery services. Less tutorial, more about getting stuff done.
- Introduction (Hook, 5-minutes)
- Interoperability Use Cases (60-minutes)
- Extend opensearch to service casting (Chris, 5-7 minutes)
- Service casting and service casting (Ruth, 10-minutes)
- Coasting data visualization data casting. (Ken Keiser, 10-minutes)
- hybrid casting (Brian?, 10-minutes)
- Setup governance mechanism (20-30 minutes)
- we need it since interoperability, different centers, standards.
- agree on process, and then follow it.
- if we agree up front how decisions is made, can make progress quickly. urgency, it's happening now.
- appoint folks
- tracking issues
- proposing, ratifying, changing standards
- document what's happening. transparent trail on wiki
- Discussion on key issues. (10-15 minutes)
- can assign to people.
- Settle on specification of response format (10 minutes)
- Atom. RSS?
- finalize extension mechanism.
- rel links
- Atom vs RSS comparative. (Brian?, 10-15 minutes)
Follow up plans
- followup demos in ESIP Summer meeting.