From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
What do we do?
- Develop use cases by framing the user stories into workable scenarios to gather requirements from.
- Based on use cases/requirements, define the scope of ESC cyberinfrastructure (taking into consideration/input from other tracks)
- Identify stakeholders.
- Determine key features/requirements based on the use cases.
- Analyze existing cyberinfrastructures (experience, lesson learns, common patterns, etc), following other efforts such as EarthCube, identify their gaps and shortcoming.
- Develop ESC architecture (data, process and technology).
- Identify existing technologies and prior art that meet the capabilities of the ESC.
- How to avoid being "yet another collaboratory"?
- Promote foundational collabortory service interfaces.
- Anything else?
How do we do it?
- Rely on input from other tracks (user stories, sociological impacts, programmatic constraints).
- Include relevant features from Earth Cube/ESC charrettes.
- Leverage ESDS RA and development experience.
- Propose scope, stakeholders, key features and architecture solutions.
- Coordinate with other working groups and clusters on relevant technologies.
- Any suggestions?
What are the technical requirements?
- ESC shall facilitate/manage sharing and access of data with knowledge about data (explicit context and provenance).
- ESC shall facilitate/manage sharing and access of tools and services that support scientific experiments.
- ESC shall facilitate/manage sharing and access of research process (scientific workflow management) and results (data/knowledge/interpretation produced).